Donna Karan F/W 10.11 New York

regardless the 'dark efford'
this is quite boring, dated and bland as usual

And make clothes for Renee Zellwegger and 70 year-old ladies who lunch? I think I'll take Donna just as she is thanks.

Um, yeah. That's not at all what I meant. I was saying that Donna Karan grow and evolve without losing her signature and without betraying what her line really is.

I think I really like it, its a very interesting collection. I like the little hints of color, although I wish more was used. I love all of the shapes and the sharpness. Very elegant.

Um, yeah. That's not at all what I meant. I was saying that Donna Karan grow and evolve without losing her signature and without betraying what her line really is.
But what about this looks un-Donna Karan exactly? The volume? She's been there and done that. The black, "gothic" feel? She's gone down that road too. This may look different for her, but I really don't think you can mistake this collection as looking like somebody else.

I mean, do people really expect her to just show black jersey and goddess draping for the rest of her career? :blink:

I don't know, maybe you're right. I just don't see it. Some of the dresses, sure. And maybe even she has used some of these elements in her other collections. But all put together, not what I would've expected from Donna Karan.

I thought I've had it with black, but I like this, it's elegant.

I like it too... very upgraded from her last collection...

I thought the collection wasn't good, although I like how well tailored the coats are in this presentation, especially the one on Sigrid. However most of the dresses I find were poorly executed and the color selection seemed so limited. This collection is a huge dissapointment compared to her F/W 09.10 collection.

I also get a huge YSL vibe from some of the jewellery and that white shirt Hanne is wearing...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good collection. I wouldn't necessarily call it "goth" it's more "tough urban glamor". The black compliments the shapes and textures. It's unfussy and wearable. Very good DK.

I see nothing ugly or boring about this. In fact, I love the hard edge and the clothes look impeccable.

people that don't like this collection don't like the donna karan aesthetic. this is the most classic donna karan collection we've seen in years. she gave us bold innovation last season; this season, she's giving her bonafide fans something to make them swoon.

i like these looks but hate them at the same time
it's a good collection
but those ruffles and gowns reminds me of Olivier Theyskens
and others reminds me of Stefano Pilati
it makes me disappointed
she don't try new things on her own way, these dresses are not like her design

Wow, I am so glad Donna Karan is back on track. For the past three seasons I have been so bored by what she's shown and now we have experimental and beautiful and dangerous and elegant.
Fantastic collection. Dying to see it in motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->