Dooney & Bourke

:innocent: can't we all just get along?

My opinion about the bag is that it is not what is expected of D&B. I think I would rather get an XOXO rather then spend almost 200 for this bag...just my input. Meanwhile, lets all just give each other the right to have an opinion.

:heart:

i agree with the fact that for those of us who can't afford a LV, it is a good choice. NOt everyone thinks they're that bad. I took mine out the other day and got a ton of compliments on it. it's recognizable without being showy. it may look like a knockoff, it may not. it may have hard smelly plastic, it may not. who cares? why argue about it?

i got a murakami and i still would carry this D&B bag. i think its cute and noone over here has got it. thats a PLUS B)

theres is no need to get so defensive about something like this just because people have different opinions. id love to read everyone's opinions, whether i agree with them or not, as long as theyre not directly insulting anyone. :flower:

anyway, i saw these purses at nordstrom i think, and all i could think of was :yuk: for an expensive bag (expensive for me). it didnt look like it was worth the price. it looked like something i could find at forever 21. maybe the material was better, but i didnt look at it up close. i never really liked the LV ones either. in fact, i think that most purses i see in stores are ugly :lol: i also think that with a purse marketed towards teens, it is a bit expensive. most teenagers that i know of would save up for a guess purse.

Another new user here......... I coach High School cheerleading and nearly all of the squad is toting around knock-off LV. Why? Because they saw Jessica Simpson with her LV on her MTV show. "The It Bag" is cute. Some of the girls saw that Teen Vogue add and now they want to get one. It also helps that the OC girl is featured in the adds. I checked one out in person yesterday and I thought the leather quality was on the hard side too. The target audience is the younger crowd and I think the bag is perfect for them. If adults want to have one, they will look cute too. I hate knock-offs. At least this one is authentic.

Originally posted by cherylm@Nov 8th, 2003 - 9:09 am
Another new user here......... I coach High School cheerleading and nearly all of the squad is toting around knock-off LV. Why? Because they saw Jessica Simpson with her LV on her MTV show. "The It Bag" is cute. Some of the girls saw that Teen Vogue add and now they want to get one. It also helps that the OC girl is featured in the adds. I checked one out in person yesterday and I thought the leather quality was on the hard side too. The target audience is the younger crowd and I think the bag is perfect for them. If adults want to have one, they will look cute too. I hate knock-offs. At least this one is authentic.
Great point cherylm!!! :flower: I cheer with my varsity team at school and I've noticed that too. :wink:

I think DB is trying to update their style more and I do agree that is not good. They are very hard and when I first saw them, my first reaction was "wannabe." I like DB, I own a pink tote with tassles and I like it very much, but the new design makes me a little angry.

This is one of the IT Bags in the black leather color. Compared to the white ones, this leather is more supple and soft. and doesn't have a "hard plastic" feel to it.

I honestly like them, but I do agree that they are aimed towards teens. I'm 13 and I have the buckle one, they are very popular with my crowd. I do like the Louis Vuittons better but I couldn't afford one and my parents wouldn't let me have one so..it's the next best thing!

I have to say i fell victim to the OC craze, and once i saw the ad w/ Mischa Barton, whom i admire very much in terms of her sense of style etc... I wanted one!

My mother got me a hobo style "it" bag for my Bday, and i am very happy with it. I can understand that people think it's an uncreative attempt to "imitate" LV, but I'd say there are unique aspects of the bag too...my fave parts are the Heart Locket and Colorful Zipper...features the LV ones don't have

mischa_barton_150.jpg

^ That's the ad

As a teenager with a LV collection (thanks to my parents who give them for "good behavior" once or twice a year) I think the DBs are knock-offs, but good for other teens that can't afford "the real deal" Seriously, not a lot of girls at my school (private all girls) carry them, but there are LV knockoffs. One of my friends does have the dark one, and it's really cute for her! I love DB- the bag I have with scroll monograms they don't make anymore :( If you can't afford LV, then the It Bag is a good choice, or any other lower priced bag. Personally, bags by Paige Holliday are becoming the trend around here- I got mine at Carriage House in Gulfport, MS. It's pinks, and a personalized clutch. Very chic- she'll customize them for anything if you place and order.

Seriously, I feel sick when I see all those LV wannabes around! :ninja:
I mean, some of them aren't even cheap brands, they do have credibility and their bags do have good quality, so why can't they just make their own decent bags?! I know not everyone can afford LV, and it's cute that they have those nice bags for teens. But there are so much more better looking bags for teens than some LV wannabes! Those wannabes, even if they do belong to brands with great quality, I just somehow still see them as fakes. Truely pathetic.
(not trying to offend anyone here :( )

it looks wayyyy to much like LV. Im sick of seeing LV bags everywhere... I dont wanna see copycats of it either.

I love the LV bags & when I saw the D&B's I thought they were just another knock off, but the more and more I see them, the cuter and cuter they get. In fact, I almost think they are cuter than the LV bags b/c the colors, especially on the white ones, seem a little hazy or blurred, which to me, is kind of cool.
I also would like to mention I am in my early 30's and would love to have one of these, either the LVs or the D&Bs, regardless of whether D&B were targeting the "teen" market. Frankly, most purses I see are boring. I mean, would Carrie from Sex & the City wear a purse like this? Probably. Would she wear one of the other D&B bags? Nah... I doubt it...

I got the black one for christmas- it went back to its home at the store- for $208.16, I can get something better (clothes at little stores in New Orleans). It's great for other people, but it's too much of a rip-off for me!

Yes $200 is a lot of money to spend on a bag like that and you could probably find a much nicer bag for that price. But I think it's better to buy a D&B than an LV replica. Plus I don't think that rainbow coloured logos are that innovative in terms of design, anyone could have thought of that. I'm starting to grow sick of this excessive branding of products, logos being splattered everywhere just like Tommy Hilfiger and Nike did in the 90s. Except now the "it" brands are much more expensive and less accessible to the average person.

doesnt anyone just want an original bag for once. instead of having a purse that looks like millions of other girls' purses?

theyre all cute, but name brand or not, too many people own them. it looses the "shine".

I know this is like my third post on this particular topic, but there are some majorly cute purses out there. I was in a local shop and the clerks were raving about my Papillon- they wanted to know why my mom let me carry something so expensive- she just said I deserved it. One of them had the cutest purse! It was like a pink knit fabric with black leather straps. It's a Matt & Nat- cost like $80!! See, there are alternatives to the It bag. You just have to look. The whole Murakami thing is sooo overused now... which is sad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->