Dries Van Noten Mens S/S 2018 Paris

Finish

theimpression

Can't say it's my favorite. Wish he'd make another aggressive collection, like that Mens S/S 2015 one.

prints feels kinda mediocre but I am just wondering why the amount of jackets and coats for a s/s collection.

I find it a little bit too 'minimal', if that term can ever truely apply to a Dries van Noten collection, and that draws the eye more towards the silhouette and proportion of the cut, which in this case doesn't always harmonize together well. The double breasted trenches feel a bit weight-y for summer, especially because of the mid-calf length and his usually rather enjoyable work with embroidery doesn't quite come to a 'wow' statement piece in the few cases he works with ornamentation.

This looks like a Throwback...
It's almost unnattractive.

Depressed Dries.

Everything is so charmless; Fit, cut, color-palette, print, styling… Feels like kidz forced to putting on a fashion show with seniors’ wardrobe somewhere in a Baton Rouge retirement community. The literal bookcase setting just adds to the stale air of it all.

Wish designers would stop pushing these XXXL short-sleeve button-downs and calf-length boxy coats in every collection. Haider is the only one who’s observant enough to dismiss them: It’s so unflattering and just frumpy and depressing.

I buy Dries because I like the fact that the clothes have a precious feel to them. I don't see that here, nor in the last few collections. It's been some disappointing seasons for a while. I wish he would snap out of it.

Also just looking at it makes me feel hot. This looks too heavy for it to be a spring/summer collection. I had to keep checking the season to make sure.

What a fantastic collection of timeless clothes. I love the oversized fits and there are so many great individual pieces.

It's all so, bland? And that's not a word I usually associate with Dries. It all looks so heavy and moody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evanadit
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->