Dries van Noten

tourist10 and luckyme - that is a fabulous pant. i've been eyeing this, but i don't think i have the gusto to pull it off. they look great on you, luckyme.

tourist10 - i saw those shoes too. how do they run? true to size? i was debating between those and the lovely oxfords (both of which are super-spensy!)

^ I haven't received them yet, but don't be scared of the pants! The buckles are different, but I think the overall effect is like a pair of jodhpurs. Of course they are great with heels, but I also plan to wear them very casually, with flats and a casual top (Dries knot top comes to mind) for my weekend, mommy-duty wear! As for the heels, they are true to size and very comfy. Definitely agree with you on the price ...

tourist10 - the pants in post #817 - http://www.antonioli.eu has them - I saw them there yesterday...along with some lovely shoes.

I am really loving the ankle boots with the belt on the front this season.. not badly priced either.

thanks aby, i can only imagine how incredible the dries store in paris must be right now, lucky you.

thanks for the info, luluposh!

so I received the pants from aloharag but wasn't crazy about the fit ... too big. I've exchanged them for the 34 in black (since they were out of the khaki in that size, and it's doubtful many other stores carry 34's ...). I hope it works out! They are such great pants. Definitely for these pants, size down at least 1 size.

How does Dries fit? I'm interested in a silk top from the s/s 09 collection, but it's a medium which is a size bigger than I usually wear :unsure: I would be grateful if anyone could help me.

^ depending on the cut they usually fit with room so sizing up is a risk.

OTOH, depends how badly you want it ... tailoring is an option & bigger would be the way to go if that's what you plan on doing.

i had a feeling our FLOTUS would wear something like this while visiting india.

gettyimages.com

Attachments

• slide_13032_177127_large.jpg
    slide_13032_177127_large.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 17
  • slide_13032_177150_large.jpg
    slide_13032_177150_large.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 14
So I finally found the Dries pants I have been stalking from this season online, but they are sold out in my correct size (men's 48, usually a medium). They are available one size down, but I wanted to see what the general consensus is on DvN sizing before I purchase. in case anyone's wondering, they are the tan trench-belted trousers with belted cuffs. help is much appreciate!!

sometimes locating the desired dries piece is akin to finding a needle in a haystack, it seems that many stores are sold out of the contrast sleeve tops...so trying to wait for sales is futile since so much is already snapped up. determination does pay off though ;-)

this top from a very nice store in seattle called jackstraw (four star sales help)
and a second one [i dont have a picture yet but] black heavy sweatshirt bodice and gradient brown leopard silk to dark cobalt blue sleeves (as was described to me)

jstraw.com

Attachments

• 9577.jpg
    9577.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
so i'm curious, what are your favorite stores for finding Dries?

mine:
Barneys has a huge selection in New York
Eva Gentry chooses the most unusual pieces not necessarily seen on the runway
Nordstrom seems to have the key runway picks
Jackstraw and IF for identifying what i crave before i know i will
Yoox its worth waiting for when i see things i never knew were available and a good deal less than retail [sometimes]

Last edited by a moderator:
so i'm curious, what are your favorite stores for finding Dries?

mine:
Barneys has a huge selection in New York
Eva Gentry chooses the most unusual pieces not necessarily seen on the runway
Nordstrom seems to have the key runway picks
Jackstraw and IF for identifying what i crave before i know i will
Yoox its worth waiting for when i see things i never knew were available and a good deal less than retail [sometimes]

Dries store in Antwerp is nice, not that I'm a DvN client but I like what he releases.

hi fuuma, I havent been fortunate enough to visit the antwerp store just yet but in paris i was lucky enough to see the new store at the time...when i first walked in and went to the right it was set up like a wealthy aunt's living room, plush but tasteful. off of that was a "closet" type space with the accessories in it. through an adjacent door was the space that had racks set up by color breakdown and upstairs was another floor of even more glorious bounty. this would have been the season to go since i am fairly gob struck with the choices right now.

here is a great jumper on Miyuki.
streetpeeper.com

Attachments

• bfc12bcf9a7e871e77ccce37367ea664_w470.jpg
    bfc12bcf9a7e871e77ccce37367ea664_w470.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 29
^love this knit... crossing my fingers for the FW sales.

aby, i cant even imagine how gorgeous the shop much be this year. if you go please take a picture so i can relive the wonderful experience we had. ;-)

i have that cardigan in black and camel on the way. it will be a lived in piece for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"