Dries van Noten

notice anything on ms. rogers?

nyt.com

Attachments

• 34139157.JPG
    34139157.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 31
I am watching almost every day DVN clothes so I am sharing some of my fav fw 05/06:

00220m-1.jpg

This dress is amazing.I have no words.
00230m.jpg

Loving print on this skirt.
00350m.jpg

Loving print on this shirt.
00360m-2.jpg

Coat<3
00490m-1.jpg

Dress.
00520m.jpg

Skirt.
00550m.jpg

Blue jacket.

style.com

What is your fav?

Wow - I've missed a lot on this thread.....

Let's see... luckyme - agreed that the print top I posted would need to be tried on. I have really fair skin, and sometimes I find prints difficult to wear. I need to make a trip to Eva Gentry very soon.

tourist - that's a really great dress (post #755)! It has the perfect balance of dressy/casual. Do you still need an excuse to buy it? :innocent:
I agree with lucky - I think you styled the skirt in post #760 very well. Yes, it has a Dries look, but you've made it your own very nicely.
I'd also wear the top in post #760 as a layering piece. Why not try a drapey cardigan? A jacket seems to structured, which might be why your having trouble making it work. It's fabulous, so you should try to fit into rotation asap ^_^
As for the skirt in post #761, I have a comme skirt with similar volume and fabric (but mines longer). Love the skirt, but do find the right balance is tricky. Since it's still cold here, I've worn it with a fitted tee and cropped/fitted cardigan. Once it gets warmer, I plan to wear it with just a tee, or tank. Keeping it simple and more fitted on top definitely works best for me. I also find adding an interesting necklace contributes to better balance. HTHs :flower:

EnVogueLove - great past season pictures.

Luckyme - I have that same top on the way! Great minds think alike :wink:Has yours arrived yet?

Oh - and one more thing..... I would love to see Ms. Rogers closet :wub:

I have found great DVN's clothes on ebay that I like but I can't register cause I am from Europe:(Anyone know how to help me?

mona, neat. mine should be here on monday. did you get it from browns? i bought the small since everytime they mention xs with dries i know that a small usually will fit and the back is adjustable anyway...its going to be a winner, i can tell already. glad you saw the same appeal i did. ;-)

Has this been posted? Maggie Gyllenhaal in a Dries van Noten dress.

maggie-gyllenhaal-dries-van-noten-dress-2010-oscars.jpg

(via Style Frizz)

lucky - mine's on the way from Nordstrom, and I went with the small too. Hopefully that works. Did yours arrive yesterday? What do you think?

tourist - what about this Dries top for your skirt. Simple, and the boxy, yet fitted, cropped cut might work.

image029.jpg

Nordstrom Dries lookbook

^ Mona, thanks for the styling suggestions! It's interesting you mention you have a similar Comme skirt ... I was just thinking the skirt had a Comme feeling ... perhaps a long voluminous layer with a fitted jacket ala f/w 09 might work?? That top you linked is the perfect shape indeed! Thanks!

I would also love to see Ms. Rogers closet!

top arrived. perfect size, perfect fit, perfect print. ;-)

Pretty Dries van Noten dress worn by Lily on Gossip Girl:

vdedja.jpg

Source: Luthien posted this on the Gossip Girl Fashion thread.

Just watched the episode above, and was so excited to see Lily wear Dries, haha! :blush:

Some famous people who wear DVN:

Maria Sharapova
041009_sharapova_200x400.jpg

Julia Roberts
032109_roberts_200x400.jpg

Freida Pinto
022109_pinto_200x400.jpg

Nicole Kidman
120308_kidman_200X400.jpg

112608_kidman_200x400.jpg

Maggie Gyllenhaal
103008_gyllenhaal_200x400.jpg

072008_gyllenhaal_200x400.jpg

071608_gyllenhaal_200x400.jpg

Jennifer Aniston
040208_aniston_200x400.jpg

fashiondesigners.instyle.com

Last edited by a moderator:
cute wristlet from ebay and these cargo drawstring pants. never have i had a pair of trousers fit so perfectly.

great desire for this cardigan come fall.

ebay.com and style.com

Attachments

• dvnwristlet1.jpg
    dvnwristlet1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1
  • kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20fqm8g.jpg
    20fqm8g.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 15
luckyme - a bit late, but I'm loving those pants you bought! I seriously wanted them but never found them in store. Dries is so tricky for me, I find buying online too much of a gamble, due to fit problems.

Can we talk about fall? The selection at Antonioli is quite lovely. I didn't think I liked the collection that much, but now seeing the individual pieces, I'm in love. The coats and the oversized knits are so beautiful! I'd love to have that navy princess style jacket, the navy sleeveless sweater, and the army green pants with the buckles
http://www.antonioli.eu/index.php?content=fcategory&idCategory=36&idDesigner=10

Last edited by a moderator:
^I agree tourist, the knits and coats are so beautiful, especially the green jacket. Seriously I find myself craving one of his leopard print items, as well as the necklaces.

The buckle pants are soooooo cute! I loved this collection <3 I'm anxious to see more of it, and try some pieces on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->