Eddie Redmayne

^Great pic! Eddie is second to the left. :smile:

Here are some pictures of him at the MWWM after party

zimbio

While I remember, Birdsong has been scheduled for January 2012 on BBC1, it might move but that's what we were told.

Anyway, funny interview from The Guardian.

Eddie Redmayne: the loneliness of being a hot young actor
Michelle Williams's co-star in My Week with Marilyn is still getting used to sharing the limelight with Judi and Derek Jacobi. Now bring on the 'Redmayniacs'

Eddie Redmayne is rapidly shrinking into the slippery dark brown leather sofa upon which he sits, his head is disappearing under the neckline of his navy blue jumper, and his hands are raised ready to cover his ears. The cause of his discomfort? Me, sadly, as I read aloud some comments I've found on the various fansites dedicated to his very being. "Eddie: Flawless, ethereal, could 'get it' wearing tweed any day of the week," I read out to him.

"Wearing tweed?" he repeats in his very British accent, following it with a huge burst of laughter.

"Eddie is possibly the best human in the world," I continue, as he shrinks further. "Oh GOD!" "Eddie is so charming, and I am legit attracted to him."

"Legit?" he guffaws. "LEGIT?"

For those dedicated fans of Redmayne, 29, of which the most cursory search of the internet would indicate there are thousands, the end of this year is going to be a good one. It sees the release of My Week With Marilyn, an autobiographical account of the week Colin Clark (Redmayne), a recently graduated film obsessive, spent babysitting Marilyn Monroe in 1956 as she filmed The Prince And The Showgirl. It also sees the start of a stint at the Donmar Warehouse in Richard II. Further to that will be Birdsong, the BBC adaptation of Sebastian Faulks's best-selling book. After years of critical acclaim, winning both an Olivier and a Tony award for his performance in John Logan's Red (a play about Mark Rothko) at the Donmar and on Broadway respectively, as well as supporting roles in films alongside Julianne Moore (Savage Grace), Cate Blanchett (Elizabeth: The Golden Age) and Natalie Portman (The Other Boleyn Girl), it feels like Redmayne's "moment" has finally come.

'Michelle Williams and I were in most scenes and every day another bastion of the British establishment would come in'

"I see that there's a timing aspect of it all," he says, slightly squirming again (for an actor, he seems to find talking about himself relatively mortifying), "but any one of these things could collapse. I've found in the past that the critical reaction to a piece, if it's damned, will colour my memory of what the experience was. I had a wonderful time on Marilyn, a wonderful time on Birdsong and, hopefully, I'll have a wonderful time on this [he brandishes the yellow highlighter-heavy script for Richard II sitting on the table in front of him] so I'm trying not to think outside of that because it can pollute the experience."

My Week With Marilyn is undeniably Redmayne's highest-profile project to date. The cast reads like a Bafta fellowship guest list. Kenneth Branagh, Dame Judi Dench, Derek Jacobi, his friends Emma Watson and Dominic Cooper, and the piece de resistance, the lone American, Michelle Williams, as Marilyn Monroe. With his gentle disposition – the impeccable manners seem second nature rather than an actorly affectation – you rather wonder how Redmayne will cope with the spotlight. "The word 'buzz' worries me if I'm honest," he says, before pausing, and skilfully steering the conversation on to more familiar ground. "Michelle and I were there in most scenes and, every day, another bastion of the British establishment would come in and play opposite us; it was wonderful."

I bring up that it must have been an exciting prospect for him to act alongside Williams, having confessed in a past interview to being such a fan of … "Dawson's Creek!," he laughs. "That's coming back to haunt me, I should never have ****ing said that. But she is extraordinary. She makes the part look effortless."

Since graduating from Cambridge in 2003 (he got a 2:1 in art history), Redmayne has worked almost constantly, playing paedophiles and boys who sleep with their mothers via the odd costume drama across film, television and the theatre. "What's really interesting about actors," he says, in that thoughtful, careful way that envelops all of his answers, "is that we all have opinions on how people's careers look, but I think you never have any idea of your own, or what other people think of you."

Marilyn sees him playing his most "normal" character to date. "I'm six years older than Colin," he agrees, "but I'm an Old Etonian, too. Weirdly, I found it just as challenging as playing the character I did in Savage Grace [the aforementioned mother lover]. What's been lovely is the variety of it all, and America has been very helpful for that. So much of our industry here is period drama, and given my background, that is what you slot into. But in America, because you're English, they send you off to everything because they can't bracket you. They'll go, 'Can you play an adopted native American Indian? OK, go audition for it, why not?'"

'You're by yourself for six months, and you're thinking: Oh God, I wish I could share it with someone'

Redmayne is not from a clan of actors; he comes from a family of bankers, a world which he attempted to understand with a stint of work experience while at school. "It was the greatest feat of acting ever working there," he says, "having to pretend I knew what a share was when I didn't have a clue."

He's clearly far more at home in the acting world, but maybe there's a hankering for the 9 to 5. "I think all actors have a similar deal," he says. "You want some people who understand. Although it looks great – and is great – there are also shoddy moments when you feel really rotten, and when it's going well, you're not allowed to complain. Your actor friends will understand the nuances of a painful director, or the loneliness of being … OK, in a beautiful hotel room somewhere exotic. But you're by yourself for six months, and you're thinking, 'Oh God, I wish I could share it with someone.' I'm trying to buy a house and set some sense of roots because otherwise you're constantly chasing one job after another, and you look back and you've had all these very extraordinary experiences with extraordinary people, but there's not a line of continuity to it."

Perhaps one of his fans could fill the void the nomadic lifestyle creates? "I have this horrific thing where I'm really bad with names and faces," he grimaces. "I have an appalling memory. Someone will come up to me in the street and go, 'Eddie!', and I'll try and give myself time by going into overdrive, 'Hey, hi! Nice to see you!' and start a whole conversation because I can't distinguish between who I know and who I don't. My worst fear is somebody who I went to school with when I was eight coming up and me going, 'Sorry, who are you?' It's my worst nightmare."

So does he have groupies following him? "No," he laughs. "Benedict Cumberbatch is a mate of mine, and we did a charity show at the Old Vic together. There was this group of women outside the theatre who name themselves 'the Cumberbitches' and follow him round the world. I have nothing like that. I really wouldn't know what to do with the situation." Maybe, but with his "legit" attractiveness, appeal in tweed, and career explosion imminent, it's surely only a matter of time before those Cumberbitches (Redmayniacs?) come Eddie's way too.

He looks great on the red carpet except for his shoes. Those look awful and out of place.

Really can't wait to see him in Richard II. They forgot to say that he worked with angelina jolie, Robert de Niro and Matt Deamon in the good shepherd.
Posted via Mobile Device

^I forgot he did that! He was great in that movie. I'm extremely excited to see him as Richard II as well, but I'm so happy he was cast as Marius in Les Miserables.

Here's a new interview with Eddie from UK Glamour Magazine. He talks about everything from his teenage crushes, to what it's like to work with Emma and Michelle, and much more.

Last video I'm going to post....I guess there are so many because the film comes out tomorrow.
Here's a scene with Eddie's character asking Lucy (the wardrobe girl) on a date

Gosh he has tough competition! I love Jennifer, Felicity and Jessica!

Some small Richard II rehearsal pics.

(DonmarWarehouse.com)

I was at the first preview last night. I normally do first show and press night hand holding! Really good first show, Eddie was very self assured and gave a great performance. They all did actually, the rest of the cast is great as well (I'm a huge fan of Andrew Buchan). Obviously being the first preview they're still working things out (rehearse during the day, perform at night) but it's looking like it's in good shape.

FYI There have been some side stall seats released for some of the dates. I know people have managed to get a few tickets online and by calling the box office, so if you really want to get your hands on them it is possible. There's also the old day seats too, but that requires lingering outside the box office for a few hours lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much !!! I am going to try that out :smile: I can't queue for so long when it's freezing that much outside. I love the guy but no that much :lol:

Richard II opening night party. I haven't finished going through all the reviews yet clutching my little highlighter pen! But they've mainly been positive. Hurrah!

wooller.com

Burberry SS2012
Photographer : Mario Testino
Models: Eddie Redmayne and Cara Delevingne

wwd via testinofan

Omg, he's back doing Burberry:buzz: I'm crazy excited cuz imo he fits the brand more than any of the models who've done it.. I just hope he does a BUNCH with my fave black model Jourdan Dunn:woot:

Really can't wait to see him in Richard II. They forgot to say that he worked with angelina jolie, Robert de Niro and Matt Deamon in the good shepherd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gosh, he was such a whiny brat in that movie. Felt sorry for him though after what happened to his fiance. But he's come a long way. I was watching the Pillars of the Earth marathon on Reelz....:crush:

so jealous of everyone going to see Richard II, every performance is sold out completely.

Love him for Burberry with Cara too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->