Elizabeth and James : by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

i think i want the bardot pants, but im not sure how they will fit..
im a 24, and i wonder if the xs would be fitted enough. i searched back on this thread and people were saying the sizing is ironically on the bigger side.. and i want them to be really tight like leggings. hm :T

i got the cream/navy tuxedo jacket...i'm so excited to get it...:woot:
i hunted all over the place for it when it went on sale...

Are there any pictures of people wearing the vacation knit tank? It doesn't look worth the price, even on sale..

gracelikerain, did you get the jacket? I saw it on ebay a couple of days ago for a great buy it now price. I didn't buy it bcause I wasn't sure about the size and fit so somebody else grabbed it. Now I kinda wish I had bought it.

there was an interview with marykate olsen in the new issue of "instyle" with uma thurman on the cover. they show quite a few pieces from the upcoming season, including a skirt seemingly made of peacock feathers.

fall collection part 2 available at intermixonline.com...
2sanqx2.jpg

I've really been thinking about getting an E & J blazer ...but i'm a bit iffy about getting it. I'm absolutely smitten w/ it - as I think the cut and the styling of it is great. Its hard to find a blazer on the (semi) longer side, that looks modern and of good quality material at a decent price. But I fear the 3/4 sleeve and the ruching is totally trendy. I'm ok w/ shelling out money if it will last at least 2-3 years, possibly 4.

So what my question is, and maybe some of you can help me w/ this. In how long (app. yrs) do you think their blazers will look dated? and do you think they are worth the $$? or is it better to buy a more basic/classic blazer and just roll the sleeves up? lol, And also, will i be able to find this for a cheaper price than the E & J blazer, or have to save up $$ to find?

sorry so long! but i usually don't shell out over $300 for trendy items (unless they are shoes...) Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I will say, if you love an item, buy it. Because I've bought things that were more practical that get less wear than items that I wear to death because I love.

That said, I think fitted blazers are a wardrobe staple. If you are looking for something on the longer side (to do a sort of boyfriend blazer look) I would actually really look at what some of the top vintage sellers on ebay have, because they are always spot on trends (so that they can sell their wares) and that is a very common look and I've seen quite a few around.

I love that dress above with the buttons on the back. To be honest, at the moment I'm enjoy E&J more than the Row....:ninja:

^ thanks meg, how do you search for the top vintage sellers on ebay?

and fitted blazers a wardrobe staple, but do you think the ruching on the sleeves and the length of the blazer make it super trendy or just semi-trendy?

Has anyone bought the Laurel Floral blouse? I just love it and it cost $340... wanted to know about fit before I buy it. TIA

i'm putting this here because it is about the E&J brand, but once we get pics, a new thread will be created in shoes x3...

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are piling on the accessories.

Dualstar Entertainment Group, their management firm, has signed Steven Madden Ltd. to create a collection of footwear under the Elizabeth and James brand. The collection is scheduled to hit high-end specialty retailers in mid-2009. The sisters will head the design of the footwear collection as creative directors while Madden plans to hire a dedicated designer and sales team to sell the line.

The new Elizabeth and James footwear is meant to complement Mary-Kate and Ashley’s Elizabeth and James contemporary sportswear collection, which is sold in more than 300 doors globally including Intermix and Saks Fifth Avenue. They also signed a deal with Robert Lee Morris for a line of fashion jewelry under the Elizabeth and James brand, which hit stores this fall.

wwd / september 23.2009

seems like they're really doing well with their brands!
can't wait to see the shoes

this girl i work with wore the feather blazer yesterday..she got so many compliments it was ridiculous!! it is such a fabulous jacket though!

Does the girl work at Urban Outfitters? Because I just happened to be there yesterday (6th Ave) and complimented the girl at the check out myself ;-)

I love that jacket myself and am thinking about buying it (if it's still available at all) but it's pretty expensive (at least for me) so I'm still hesitating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lores
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->