Emily Blunt

Emily Blunt attends the 8th AACTA International Awards on January 4, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.
KqzqVWh.jpg

389MteW.jpg

pvjzWpK.jpg

C4IuUFk.jpg

zimbio​

Actor Emily Blunt attends the 19th Annual AFI Awards at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on January 4, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.
QejR4sh.jpg

R4FLvRy.jpg

zimbio​

Emily Blunt attends The BAFTA Los Angeles Tea Party at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on January 5, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.

WCThGMt.jpg

jHolx8f.jpg

zimbio.com

Emily Blunt attends the 76th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 6, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.
6eM4inw.jpg

DdxWpmh.jpg

9Rv7Hb6.jpg

zimbio​

Emily Blunt and John Krasinski attend the 2019 InStyle and Warner Bros. 76th Annual Golden Globe Awards Post-Party at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 6, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.
9ofUH3g.jpg

zimbio​

Last edited:
It's a pity the dress doesn't live up to the story because I find the story very intriguing.

The Story Behind Emily Blunt's Dress and Beauty Look at the Golden Globes

4:33 PM PST 1/7/2019 by Rachel Marlowe

"The dress is an art piece," said stylist Jessica Paster. "The whole look is very Victorian inspired."
The story behind Alexander McQueen designer Sarah Burton’s inspiration for the heavily embroidered metallic dress actress Emily Blunt wore to the Golden Globes is almost as magical as a scene from a Mary Poppins film. “She discovered a book about found Victorian mudlark treasures,” said Jenn Streicher, Blunt’s makeup artist and part of her red carpet prep team. ("Mudlarks" was a moniker given to the children who scoured the muddy banks of the River Thames in London, hoping to make a few pennies selling the trash and treasures found at low tide.)

"The dress is an art piece," said stylist Jessica Paster, who happened onto the custom armor-caged corset dress with a crinoline skirt and the pale silver relic guipure embroideries of medieval flowers, horses, swans and the sun for Blunt to wear to the 76th Annual Golden Globe Awards. "The whole look is very Victorian inspired."

Paster teamed the dress with metallic leather sandals and a metallic leather heraldic clutch (both by McQueen) and jewelry from Neil Lane Couture.

“We listened to Beyonce while getting her ready,” said Paster. “I always have butterflies in my belly because I want all things to be perfect, but we had done five fittings this time, so we were all pretty calm.”

“The dress definitely inspired the makeup and hair,” said Streicher. “Emily was feeling a whole Joan of Arc vibe from it. It was almost warrior-like because of the sheer weight of it and almost had the feeling of armor. Emily wanted the makeup to be very minimal and soft. it was all about beautiful skin — glowy and gorgeous with a neutral lip. I created a custom lip color by mixing the pink gloss and beige gloss shades from the Dior Backstage Lip Palette #001 Universal Neutrals."

"I was surprised she even let me do a silver eye, but I had to get something in there!" said Streicher. "I used a wet brush to sweep Diorshow Mono in 554 Minimalism all across her lids and a little underneath on the lash line and a lot of lashes. I used individual lashes and coated them with Diorshow Maximizer 3d [lash primer]. Then I added a few drops of Dior Capture Youth Intense Serum into the foundation for a fluid application and beautiful glow.”

Hairstylist Lanie Reeves was also channeling the female warrior vibe with her choice of a Dutch braid. “We wanted to create something as textured as the dress. McQueen would always match the texture of the hair to the clothes in his shows, but we needed to do something more suited to real life than the catwalk,” she said. “I wanted the hair to be really thick and full to give the braid some substance, so we put in Frederic Fekkai One to Believe In leave-in conditioner, then blowdried and waved the hair before spraying in some dry shampoo for a next-day feel. Once we braided the hair, we pulled out pieces to create that texture and set it with hairspray.” For a final bit of sparkle, Reeves pinned some vintage Neil Lane diamonds to the back of Blunt's head before the actress went on her way.

The Hollywood Reporter

Mary Poppins Returns private reception in New York on January 10, 2019.

NtO6QuV.jpg

Rh6Km7r.jpg

Mary Poppins Returns screening in Los Angeles on January 12, 2019.

4bAwcaz.jpg

faBaScV.jpg

people.com, hawtcelebs.com​

Emily Blunt attends the 24th annual Critics' Choice Awards at Barker Hangar on January 13, 2019 in Santa Monica, California.
rFOSGKz.jpg

BGrKJIl.jpg

zimbio​

Like this dress better than her GG dresses. Would love to see her hair a slightly darker blonde, but she looks great.

In New York on January 18, 2019.

mSJC6Nx.jpg

hawtcelebs.com

Wow what a great streetstyle, I'm going to steal this look. Any idea where the shoes are from?

Emily Blunt attends the 'Mary Poppins Returns' Japan premiere at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Stellar Ball on January 23, 2019 in Tokyo, Japan.

tfe5E8t.jpg

3xfbr73.jpg

GJyO4hM.jpg

RELxwsB.jpg

hawtcelebs.com

Emily Blunt, winner of Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for 'A Quiet Place,' poses in the press room during the 25th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 27, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.
1kvJ5T7.jpg

NXvLcEZ.jpg

yno5SPu.jpg

zimbio​

''To Dust' special New York Special Screening - February 5, 2019
YR6ev3r.jpg

Ln0ThKu.jpg

Vm1btZw.jpg

CBUH3HF.jpg

starity.hu​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics