Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

I've been trying to find a pearl engagement ring for a while now, does anyone have any suggestions for where I might be able to find one? I love vintage rings, nothing more romantic than old glamour :smile:

She said yes ^_^

burgerring1.jpg

melonia.com

I've been trying to find a pearl engagement ring for a while now, does anyone have any suggestions for where I might be able to find one? I love vintage rings, nothing more romantic than old glamour :smile:

As I recall there's at least one in the line Alber Elbaz did ... for Cartier maybe? I have a tearsheet around, I can find it if you like. But it doesn't have to be officially an engagement ring, any great pearl ring would work ...

Thanks fashionista-ta! I'll have a look online and see if I can find it! No, I'm not looking specifically for an 'engagement ring', just something I'll be happy with :smile: have been told though that pearls are not a great idea for jewellery that you want to wear daily as they're not very durable so I've started looking into antique/vintage diamond rings as well :wink:

^ Yes, I've heard that too ... I guess part of it is how hard you are on your jewelry. I knew someone with an emerald that didn't survive (she eventually put it down the disposal), so ... :unsure: And I swear before that it was visibly scratched.

I don't know that that would stop me from doing a pearl though. I guess if you want the ring to most definitely last for the rest of your life, then you probably don't want a pearl. But I have a lot of pearl jewelry, and I've never damaged one yet ...

I've gotten beautiful vintage (well, really antique) jewelry from Adin in the past (adin.be). If there's something special you're looking for, they'll contact you when they come across it ... They have lots of engagement rings and other sentimental jewelry ... plus other things that weren't engagement rings that could be used that way. A friend of mine wanted an antique peach-colored topaz, and they found it for her ... really gorgeous. Also ... they at least used to send Belgian chocolates with every order :crush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got engaged a week ago and I really dislike white diamonds... I got a black diamond solitaire in a white gold simple and traditional 6-prong tiffany setting... I wanted something simple and traditional yet unique (hence the black diamond)..

also this website has amazingly gorgeous engagement rings..
http://www.faycullen.com/
i would love an art deco or edwardian setting one day.. maybe as an anniversary gift, i can get an upgrade... but i'm happy with what i have right now <3

here's a picture.. it looks better in person because the flash makes it look quite flat:
200718_10100347384730099_8803970_60396577_7622173_n.jpg

credit: picture is my own.

My wedding ring is nice - it has a .5 carat stone flanked by my DH's birthstone and a few more small diamonds. For my 10th anniversary I designed my own 3 carat diamond and platinum ring. I change out rings when the mood suits me. I don't wear a diamond ring on each hand, just one.

If you own a gorgeous ring... wear it! Make sure it is properly insured, get it reappraised every 2 years and wear it safely. Have the ring checked every year for loose prongs or loose fittings.

This thread is wonderful.... all sorts of engagement rings and wedding rings worn in the spirit of love! Congratulations to everyone and best wishes. :heart:

tumblr_mg044sdfYi1rqn319o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mg044sdfYi1rqn319o2_1280.jpg

my engagement ring.

My boyfriend proposed to me on 25th december. I am so happy!

I want to plan the wedding now!!!!

Sadly the ring is too big for my ring-finger. but it´s the smallest it could be. I will keep it on my forefinger. so there is space for the wedding-ring.

(my pics. uploaded on tumblr)

^this is the most original engagement ring I've ever seen and I just love it!! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->