Eyeliner

Inky Eyes

Eyeliner is key this season. Black is the best bet for the Sixties-influenced thick line with the all-important flick on the outside corner that gives it a modern edge. Think Prada and Blumarine's spring/summer 2003 shows and pray for a steady hand. Pencils allow for more mistakes than the more unforgiving felt-tip and liquid liners, but if you really can't get it right, start by making a template to draw around on each lid.

source: vogue.co.uk

inky_eyes.jpg
Post some inspiring pictures :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this style and have been doing it everyday for at least a year...it's still kinda difficult. Here's what I'm wearing today:

(Ahh, the pictures were too small as attachments. Sorry if they're hard to see or blurry - I suck at camera)

tfs5.jpg

tfs4.jpg

tfs3.jpg

tfs2.jpg

tfs1.jpg

Makeup:
MAC Liquid Liner in Boot Black
MAC Eyeshadow in Aquadisiac
MAC Eyeshadow in Sushi Flower
MAC Eyeshadow in Chrome Yellow
And sweat...it's 95+ degrees today :(

This thread hasn't been posted in in a week but I'm going to bump it up so I don't have to make a new thread

:flower:

How can I line the corners of my eye ; like this ;

erer.jpg

With out having 'eye boogers' by the end of the day? Everytime I do this, in a few hours it's all ***** in the corners?

I need an eye liner that will NOT do this.

Hopefully someone knows what I mean.

The Revlon pencil liner I use doesn't make boogers, but the Mac liquid liner does. You could try using an angled brush (like MAC 266) and eyeshadow...I just got it and it's a lot quicker and easier than using a pencil liner, and stays longer.

I like "makeup forever" eyeliner. Also madina milano I bought from Milan is great.

I love the looks in the 2nd Elle pic by Miss A. I also "flick" the eyeliner at the outer corner of my eyes and I line the outside half of my bottom lid. No liquid liners for me though. My hands shake because of my thyroid condition and I get jagged lines. I use crayon-y types...not the the dry pencil types. And they are quite intense especially if I apply after I put on a cream eyeshadow first.

what's the best liquid eyeliner and pencil eyeliner that doesn't smudge?
thanks

BBgIZzZMo said:
thanks

MAC Liquid Eyeliner doesn't smudge from oil, but if one drop of water touches it, it'll run down your face... Powerpoint Eyeliner doesn't smudge on the back of my hand, but on my oily face it doesn't stay...

not very helpful, but just to show you how bad things can turn out :P

well I've got a liner chart, which black is darker...

http://img.makeupalley.com/3/7/6/0/370156.jpeg

the cheapest one is the darkest khol... chanel smuges, lauder smudges... but I can reapply anyway

BBgIZzZMo said:
thanks
'This retractable eyeliner combines the ease of a pencil with the long-wearing hold of a liquid liner.
Ultra-soft texture enriched with carnuba and bees wax. Built-in sharpener ensures precision - anytime, all the time.' From www.bourjois.co.uk

I've been using this Bourjois Liner Stylo for ages. It's very versatile. It can be very defined but not like a liquid eyeliner nor does it smudge like a normal pencil. Highly recommended!:wink:

thanks for the recommendation girls:D

susie, the bourjois liner stylo sound good to me. i have something similiar actually, but they all smudge
will try out this one

love love love liquid liner:woot:
and regular khol pencil...

i have dark eyes but adding heaps of liner and dark eyeshahow seems to enlarge and brighten them!:heart: plus i love how it defines my eye shape:wub:

come to think about it i couldnt live with out my liquid liner:blush:

Gincat said:
^^So which liquid liner do you use?

collection 2000 - fast stroke eyeliner in brown

looks black when applied though but not as harsh as if it was pure black! ( if that makes sense)

lovely and cheap!:lol: i've had it awhile and its still holding out and has lasted awhile since i usually like to do this with it:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DC80
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->