F/W 08.09 Ready-To-Wear Schedules: What Shows Are You Looking Forward To?

^ Me too; i will sure miss it all,
7 months is a sure long wait. Lets hope it is worth it

Fashion for Dummies

Hi all, i'm a newbie here. As a member of TFS, i love fashion and everything about it. But my biggest problem is, I have no knowledge about the fashion industry and I really love to know more about it. So I found that this is the best place for me to ask for some help. ^_^

I hope y'all experts can answer some of my dumb questions about fashion. Everyone feel free to add your own questions here too.:heart:

To start off I have some questions about fashion week:

- I've known so far fashion week paris,new york, milan and sao paolo. So which one is the biggest and the most waited one?

- If it's fashion week paris, does that mean all the designers are french? But I saw that Jeremy Scott also does FW Paris so I'm a bit confused there.

- Does fashion weeks start at the same time every year?

Please help this desperate newbie here :P

. i dont think theres a bigger fashion week though each is associated with a certain kind of style...london being eccentric and fresh, newyork being more of safe and edging towards commercial, milan being all about sex and lots of luxury and paris being more about revolutionary fashion
Fashionistas tend to recognise Paris as the biggest hse and NY as the lowest not in terms of designers but content

2. Paris fashion week or New york is not exclusively French/American respectively. Thats why Vivienne westwood has shows in Ldn and Paris...

3. not sure abt the 3rd qn

1. Well, that's subjective. In my personal opinion, Paris Fashion Week has the largest amount of well-known and creative designers, I guess you could say, which gives the eyes a lot to look at which makes it big for me. But if you are talking about the number of shows, I believe NYC has the most designers trying to show?

2. ^

3. They generally start around the same time, but it seems the shows are starting earlier and earlier.

^_^

thanks you guys so much. That helps me a lot :D I really want to ask more but do you recommend any book to read about those A-B-C-about-fashion or any theard in the forums that I won't waste your time ? :smile:

^ anyone? :(

sorry for digging this thread up cuz some mod merged my thread to this one, i still have tons of questions to ask and i don't know where to post :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->