New York Fashion Week F/W 08.09 Schedule

It's only getting worse... In a couple years there will be so many "in-between"-collections we'll have (big) runways all year long :smile:

i know...:doh: it's totaly insane!!!
i know not all stylists can run all over the world....
but... with all those collections you have to check (rtw, pre collections etc.), can you really think about editorials and have enough time to concentrate?????
esp. when you know the Voguers pick everything in showroom right after the collections and i guess a Balenciaga outfit, for instance, is like 'stuck' for at least one month in different Vogue or any High Fashion.....

does all these show really leave time for 'young' and 'fresh' stylists to build the editorial they really wanna do???

(i'm not sure it's understable....:doh::blush:)

^i can't keep up either. there's no time to reflect.

Looking forward to Ralp Lauren. He always suprises me! And DKNY will be fun.

ok guys out of these shows below, which ones would you go`to?
Max Azria, Ports 1961 ,Badgley Mischka, Monique Lhuillier ,Nanette Lepore, Michael Kors ,
Carlos Miele, Anna Sui ,Bill Blass, Reem Acra
which ones would you guys pick? you can pick more than one

hm...ports, bill blass for fashion...
kors, anna sui for off the runway stuff...

Looking forward to Ralph Lauren. He always surprises me! And DKNY will be fun.

They have Ralph listed for 10:00 and 11:00 on Friday??? How can they flip the whole room over and do a second show that quickly!!?? It used to always be 10:00 and Noon, as I recall... :unsure:

^ February 4 (Monday) 2:00 PM - Halston (Gagosian Gallery, 555 W 24th St)

I'm not so in love with ny fashion week. For me US is not fashion. Europe is.

There are some good shows going on in NY, but for the most part, when people like Rock N Republic and KLS do a show in the tents, it makes me uninspired.
People used to have to work so hard, pay their dues. Now it doesn't matter. Anyone with money can just put on a big show.

NYC is and always has been a more commercial scene, so to me it's quite hard to compare it to the European shows which are more forward driven.

Thakoon is 4pm today (Monday).

Ralph is at Skylight Studio. Doesn't he always do a couple of showings - family & friends, press and buyers or something like that, can't quite remember. The show itself will probably only last like 30 mins at the absolute most, so it'll be easy to get everyone in and out really quickly.

... however in regards to the post above, I don't include KLS/Baby Phat/anything by a celebrity/etc to be really 'part' of fashion week, well in my mind anyway.

So...what happened with Luca Luca today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->