F/W 2023.24 & Cruise 2024 Open Discussion Thread

The YSL women I have in my memories (and pictures albums) were ordering haute couture for every opera premières or charity balls, then last supper at the Sept (occasionaly Maxim's) then late night dance in the basement of the Sept (in the darkroom too) and a bit later at the Palace. Eventually finishing the night with a breakfast at the Halles. They would have hated to be called "girls" for sure :grinningwsmilingeyes:
EDIT; if Vacarello can make a Berlin version for the YSL boys, I would largely prefer a Weimar ambiance: Kit-Kat Club, the Topp, Hauss Vaterland etc....
ok its not 1972 anymore. Raving etc is socially acceptable. Popping LSD once every few years, smoking a joint once a quarter is socially acceptable now. Though Weimar Germany was incredibly debauched Im not sure how that is more chic than Berghain et al.

i always thought the Le Smoking should be updated to smoking a spliff.

ok its not 1972 anymore. Raving etc is socially acceptable. Popping LSD once every few years, smoking a joint once a quarter is socially acceptable now. Though Weimar Germany was incredibly debauched Im not sure how that is more chic than Berghain et al.

i always thought the Le Smoking should be updated to smoking a spliff.
Kering has had bad experiences in Berghain, ask Lee or Demna.

I don't think that YSL in its most modern incarnation would be suited for Berghain. It's exclusive, but too dirty and grungy for a house that given itself a subversive coat of bourgeoisie chic in recent years. Part of me thinks they'll go for a more outdoorsy setting to fit with what YSL typically likes to do for their June and September shows.

You will be able to watch the Versace Cruise 2024 show here, Tuesday May 23 at 7pm (CEST)

Saint Laurent Menswear will be showing at The Neue Nationalgalerie in Berlin on June 12th.

MIES GENERATION: The Neue Nationalgalerie, a storied cultural and architectural landmark in Berlin, will be the site of Saint Laurent’s men’s fashion show next month, sources told WWD.

The French fashion house dispatched a save the date for June 12, but has been mum on other details. Brand representatives could not immediately be reached for comment on Tuesday. Contacted by WWD, museum representatives said they don’t “make any statements about third-party events.”

Berlin-Museum-GETTY-02.jpeg
The Neue Nationalgalerie museum in Berlin. SEAN GALLUP/GETTY IMAGES

The low, yet imposing building by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe opened in 1968 and is dedicated to 20th-century art. The listed edifice reopened in 2021 after a five-year renovation overseen by David Chipperfield architects.

Considered a modernist masterpiece, the glass-walled entrance hall sprawls over 28,000 square feet and boasts soaring ceilings.

It was recently the site of the inaugural Rimowa Design Awards, and has hosted fashion shows or presentations in the past for the likes of Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, Joop and Perret Schaad.

Current exhibitions include “Gerhard Richter: 100 Works for Berlin” and Tehching Hsieh’s work “One Year Performance 1980-1981 (Time Clock Piece).”

Saint Laurent and its creative director Anthony Vaccarello typically go on the road to unveil spring-summer men’s wear collections, last year inviting the fashion pack to the desert outside Marrakech for a gobsmacking sunset display around a circular pond.

In recent years, the brand staged itinerant shows in Venice, Italy, New York City and Malibu, California.
WWD

The Versace collection is a See-Now-Buy-Now PreFall 2023 Collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimshelly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->