S/S 2021 Open Discussion Thread

does anybody know what's happening to Ann Demeulemeester and Haider Ackermann? There doesn't seem to be a new collection from either of them.

Ann Demeulemeester's SS 2021 apparently has been presented only to the buyers; the company has recently been purchased by Antonioli and yet to be established by new creative team so they're basically skipping a season and offering only capsule.

Haider cancelled show like three days before (Federation de la haute couture confirmed) and (according to his instagram) is working on something. There is no information about any time or place or form (lookbook etc). His press person told me that there will be no show or showroom presentation this year so I hope for lookbook.

Ann Demeulemeester's SS 2021 apparently has been presented only to the buyers; the company has recently been purchased by Antonioli and yet to be established by new creative team so they're basically skipping a season and offering only capsule.

Haider cancelled show like three days before (Federation de la haute couture confirmed) and (according to his instagram) is working on something. There is no information about any time or place or form (lookbook etc). His press person told me that there will be no show or showroom presentation this year so I hope for lookbook.
thank you. Isn't he part of Ann Demeulemeester? Was he sold too? It seems weird that there is nothing. I hope he's ok

He was; the owner managed to sell Ann but not Haider. He is in serious financial turmoil so we will see if he as the company survive.

He was; the owner managed to sell Ann but not Haider. He is in serious financial turmoil so we will see if he as the company survive.
that’s sad to hear . I hope it works out for him .

me on December of 2019: Lord, I don't think it's even possible to get a more depressing fashion year.

2020: hold my 2021 spring/summer season.

Totally agree! Fashion was already on the decline in terms of interest and excitement and COVID-19 has really been the last nail in the coffin for it. Fashion month was just so miserable. I feel like designers have lost their will to care anymore. I can't think of a single good show throughout all of fashion month and the fact that so many top tier houses didn't bother to show their collections demonstrates that fashion shows have lost their magic. The only good thing was not seeing a ridiculous amount of annoying fashion influencers who think they're god's gift to the world.

Chanel's Métiers d’Art collection dropping tomorrow:

I've really missed the Saint Laurent show this season, and am really curious what Anthony will come up next after that fantastic last show.

Honestly I thought this would be their summer show...but it seems like it's their Pre-Fall? They've made such a mess of the seasons...well, here it is Balenciaga's show in a videogame:

https://videogame.balenciaga.com/

^Great news! Will definitely be watching it and I'm counting on Anthony to end this year on a high note. I'm curious about the setting etc. I think we all realised how much we miss the runway shows in a year of lookbooks and digital formats. Can't wait :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->