S/S 2021 Open Discussion Thread

Isaac was so harmless that he was never even anywhere remotely on the same plane, let alone level as Gaultier LOL His Inuit-inspired offering (back then it was still OK to use the term Eskimos) was cute but so basic, while Gaultier’s was so complex and rich in weaving in so many Asian cultures as influences into his very own signature: I’m still spellbound when I watch his Grande Voyage show.

And despite Isaac’s shortcomings, he still had a point of view that was immediately identifiable as his own. His branding was always so much better than the actual clothes. Which in hindsight now, was always what American designers excelled so well at— from Halston, Ralph, Donna to Calvin. None of the American new guard Wang/Proenza/Rodarte has this going for them. Maybe they just couldn’t afford Fabien…???

Okay, okay. I should have said basic instead of perfect. Lol. After all, it was only the movie Call of the Wild that inspired him. Not anything as grand as Gaultier, but at least the movie had Clark Gable in it. Lol

^^^ I see that both Demna and Marc are going for that Steven Klein creeper look.

Okay, okay. I should have said basic instead of perfect. Lol. After all, it was only the movie Call of the Wild that inspired him. Not anything as grand as Gaultier, but at least the movie had Clark Gable in it. Lol

Isaac’s brand of basic isn’t necessarily bad. Jacquemus reminds me a lot of Isaac. Both brands are effervescent, joyful and full of sunniness but ultimately very basic. I can see why women gravitate toward such uncomplicated and pretty designs at these uncertain times (Jacquemus men’s however— JC Penny/Tommy Banana realness…)

Isaac was so hyped but that his label only lasted for a blink of an eye really shows that he was all hype and didn’t sell. (And QVC/Target doesn’t count LOL)

^^^ He’s trying so hard to make pearls his thing that he’s verged onto meme territory. Ends up looking like Norman Bates level of creepiness instead. It’s so pathetic when rich designers like Marc/Demna/Riccardo are so bored of their luxurious and pampered lives that they resort to cosplaying as the DHL driver/7/11 gas station attendant/creepy Norman Bates in order to provoke some attention. Thank goodness his designs remain luxurious and not desperately seeking some lost impoverished Berlin youth like Raf and his menswear.

Burberry is showing on September 17 and Saint Laurent is releasing their men's collection on September 9.

Living and being in New York during fashion week holds with it a different vibe. Yes, annoying influencers flood social media and undoubtably take away from the vibe but the city itself is still in love with fashion and continues to create a pulse here in North America that is still alive and well, it is just hard to see and experience through a 6 inch screen...

It’s so true. I went to college in the Midwest and briefly worked in NYC. Back in the days, you had Bill Cunningham who was ready for taking your pics on the street. You can really feel the love for fashion in this city among its people. How I miss NYC and its fashionable personalities! (but not so much about the states)

NYFW is basically finished... but to say I'm sat here excited for Tom Ford would be an understatement. Fingers crossed there's some serious sex appeal, opulence, glamour and sophistication heading our way within the next few hours.

The Versace set is looking pretty spectacular:

Apparently Yohji will present his collection in a regular runway setting with guests and everything. They actually gifted a black face mask with the invite and shared a long list of requirements to access the show:

What they did at Balmain with the digital FROW for the US Press was very clever...

I’m quite anxious about this PFW. On one hand, I’m totally for FW as it helps the city (hotels, restaurants, subcontractors) and I think that the fact that the crowd is mostly people from Paris makes it a little bit breathable but seeing bloggers and the whole bit makes me uncomfortable. Do we need an ETAM show now?

I don’t even want to attend the shows I’m invited to..

A preview of Chanel:

Gives me Chanel resort 2008 vibes! A fabulous show (too bad I wasn’t there).

A preview of Givenchy by Matthew Williams:

The Miu Miu set was so pretty, if my high school's gym looked like that, PE would have been my favorite class. Perfect soundtrack too, quite bubbly with just enough edge.

Did they actually shave a stripe on the model's eyebrow?

The Miu Miu set was so pretty, if my high school's gym looked like that, PE would have been my favorite class. Perfect soundtrack too, quite bubbly with just enough edge.

Did they actually shave a stripe on the model's eyebrow?

yes, they did. I loved because I use it a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->