Fabiola Beracasa

February 6, 2007

Fabiola Beracasa Parties at Bungalow 8, Wears DVF to the DVF Show

On Saturday, I was sent two bags full of Rock & Republic jeans (which I love) to wear to the show. I tried on about ten pairs until I finally decided on jean shorts and black tights. I went to the show with two of my close friends from London — Camilla Al-Fayed and Jamie Diner. The show started very late, and it was … well, let's just say we had fun.

12:30 a.m. We all went to Bungalow 8 where we met up with basically all of New York! We hung out until 4 a.m., and then we all went home to get some much-needed sleep.

On Sunday, I woke up at noon to realize that the DVF show was at four! I hung around the apartment and ordered in, watched Talladega Nights (clearly not my choice — Jason, my boyfriend, had his way with the movie selection).

3:15 p.m. I put on the coolest DVF navy leather dress that the studio had sent over. It was so chic. I threw on some mascara and was off to the tents. It was freeeeezing! The show was wonderful — a really great crowd. I sat next to Julia Restoin-Roitfeld and Gillian Hearst, and Elizabeth Saltzman (darling), who was across from me, kept signaling that I should take my sunglasses off when the show had started. Little did she know how late I was out the night before! DVF always manages to make clothes look great on — always reliable and never too trendy. The kind of clothes that you can truly wear time and again.

5:30 p.m. I went home to clean up for the after-party at Indochine, but after resting for a bit, I never made it. I really wanted to go but had a very hard time thinking about the cold and putting on more makeup.

8 p.m. A garment bag from Thakoon arrived for his show on Monday. The outfit was so cute — a darling black-and-white striped long-sleeved top with a red jacket and super-chic black pants! Loved the look.

nymag

Champagne Brunch to Christen FENDI's New "To You" Clutch, Jul 29, 2007 x37 HQ

celeb-city

February 2, 2007

Getting Dressed, From BCBG to the Box

11:30 a.m. I went to the BCBG/Max Azria showroom to pick out cute outfits to wear to the shows. Lubov Azria, BCBG’s creative director, was so wonderful — she gave me a sneak preview of the runway looks. It was exciting to get the inside scoop. What an honor!

When I told Patrick McGregor, BCBG’s publicist, that I had to go two parties tonight (the Glamour young-designers bash and the Mercedes-Benz kickoff party at the Box — which I looooove) and that I desperately needed a dress, he pulled out a drop-dead gorgeous Hervé Léger dress and said, “Didn’t you know that BCBG owned Hervé?”

12:30 p.m. I ran over to the Yigal Azrouel showroom which, thankfully, was just two blocks from BCBG. There were so many looks that I’d love to wear hanging in the showroom. Yigal came out, and even though I have a boyfriend (who lives in the same building as Yigal), I couldn’t help but think how handsome he was. One of those rare birds: straight, hot, and a fashion designer. Which one of my friends could I set him up with? We went through his look book, and I picked out a really sweet white dress with white embroidery detail. Yigal handed me the perfect black jacket to wear over it, and, as I was getting ready to leave, I vowed to wear it all with black tights.

6:00 p.m. I get home to meet my friend and makeup artist Alexa Rodulfo. I slipped on the Hervé Léger dress for inspiration. In an hour, my hair and makeup was done to perfection, and I was ready to rock!!

7:30 p.m. I went Milk Studios where the Glamour party was taking place. I saw the Rodarte girls, Vena Cava, Sari Gueron, and Rachel Roy. I also ran into Lydia Hearst who invited me to be part of Designers for Darfur on February 9. I left the party with Derek Blasberg, Lyle Maltz, and Ashley Javier, and headed to the Box for the Mercedes-Benz event. There were tons of fun people at the party, but I spent the rest of my night catching up with Tinsley Mortimer since we haven’t seen each other since the Paris couture shows!

1:45 a.m. Home, finally.

nymag

February 3, 2008

Fabiola Finds the Flaws at Alexander Wang With Chanel Iman and Jaime King

As the music blasted backstage at Alexander Wang, Fabiola Beracasa caught up with model Jaime King, fashion editor Meredith Fisher, a very soft-spoken Chanel Iman, and the designer himself ("Did I mention he's cute?" said Paper's Mr. Mickey). Wang talked about his edgy aesthetic as "something that's a little bit loose and baggy. Own it. It doesn't have to fit in every little place. It's all about the flaws and imperfections."

http://video.nymag.com/linking/index.jsp?

nymag

does she write the nymag articles herself? She should fire whoever does it for her because she sounds, to be crass, like a total tw*t. I can't imagine a personality coming off worse. Her style is bland as well. She clearly is just given looks and puts them on.

Charity Ball Hosted by Adrian Grenier and Jessica Stam with Scott Harrison at Metropolitan Pavilion x3 HQ

celeb-city

MAX and LUBOV AZRIA Present their Resort Collections x2 HQ

celeb-city

The CFDA Fashion Awards in New York (June 4, 2007) x6 HQ

celeb-city

Dinner for RICHARD SERRA "SCULPTURE: FORTY YEARS" Hosted by MoMA and LVMH, May 29, 2007 x4 HQ

celeb-city

saw her yesterday and shes actually so cute IRL...she was wearing the cutest outfit too...

Costume Institute Gala in honor of "Poiret: King of Fashion", NYC, 05/07/2007 x14 HQ

celeb-city

Louis Vuitton "Love" Party For Oxfam America, 03 May 2007 x13 HQ

celeb-city

Thanks PV. Haven't seen a few of these dresses. Some are really amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->