Faith Hill: Sore Loser ?

Perhaps....not the best time to joke around :P When there are a billion cameras on you :rofl:

To me it doesn't look like a joke. If it were a joke then she would have laughed or smiled after screaming "WHAT???"....but she didn't.

Instead she looked down at the ground looking pissed while mouthing something else.

Hey....I don't care much for Faith Hill. However, that was a priceless moment!
It shows she's human....she gave me a good laugh....:lol:

That's funny!
looks like she was joking to me aswell.

I'd rather believe it wasn't a joke. Why? Because a "joke" like that, at that moment, is designed to take all the attention from the winner and place it directly on Faith. And that's a very calculated, self-centered, deliberate action - and makes her seem like more of a bad person than a genuine "Oh crap, I thought I won, I was sure I would, I didn't?" spur of the moment reaction.

oh COME ON...
jokes are not always calculated and self-centered...
grow up...!!!

and by the way...
if you look a little into faith's history with the cma's...
you'd realise she KNEW she wouldnt win....
they have for many yrs had a 'rocky' rel'ship....:wink:

You're a really great Faith Fan...I came into this thread liking her alright and thinking she had a funny, if a little cruel, human unguarded moment. But your rudeness has made me never want to listen to her again.

I like Faith but IF that was a joke that's the most inappropriate , tastless, rude joke. It's not like it's her husband who won, that would be takened as such... but this isn't and I just love how her publicist is doing the damage control :lol:

it totally looks like she was joking! i thought it was quite funny.

but hey, i might be biased. i mean, i'm not too concerned that it took attention away from carrie's win because i feel that carrie is almost unlistenable on the stereo. she's quite the country screamer.

at least faith is really sweet and does alot of good deeds.

^ its funny - to me it totally looks like she wasnt joiking. Intersting that there are such varied takes on it.

^lol - You do get the feeling that its all going to keep on going - even if it was a joke the press will keep it alive. If it was a joke it wasn't a good one - I think it's gonna backfire.:doh:

Having posted twice now I must say I know neither of their work as 1. I don't live in the US and 2. I don't like country music so why I'm posting here I don't know...:ninja::lol:

If you watch the whole clip, you can see her looking down and smiling as she prepares to pull her fake dive "What!!" routine. She already knows she isn't the winner--and her body language and facial expressions are so stagey and over-the top, it's apparent that she's acting.

Perhaps since so many people are fooled by this, she should check into a dramatic career, as well.

Maybe not the best time for a joke, but it is pretty clear to me that she was joking and I did see the time when she did it before during an award that her husband was up for. Don't they usually know if they have won the award anyway? That would definitely clear things up. She is probably thanking her lucky stars that Britney filed for divorce and that is taking much of the media attention of of her!! :P:lol:
**By the way.....I am JOKING in the last sentence of my post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether or not it was a joke, I feel bad for Carrie having her moment and success overshadowed by this controversy.

During last night's CMA Awards in Nashville, Faith Hill had a rather emphatic and spontaneous on-camera reaction when Carrie Underwood's name was announced as Female Vocalist of the Year.

It appeared that she shouted 'What?!', then quickly composed herself.

*ABC News

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->