FAKE designer bags!!!!

GARBAGE bag!! that is so cool lol i wonder where i could find one for laughs

how beasty is forever21 to make this fake chanel 2.55? i've never seen a store go as far as this to copy chanel bags. they have other types too at forever21.

357hxtv.jpg

from the forever21 site

I'd say it has more elements of a Marc Jacobs bag, but with a Chanel chain. I've actually gotten pretty used to this type of "designer inspired" bag, especially with MJ.

The LV print in Brit's Do Something vid:

(pic from a screencap via youtube)

how beasty is forever21 to make this fake chanel 2.55? i've never seen a store go as far as this to copy chanel bags. they have other types too at forever21.

Please do not quote images

from the forever21 site

:o :o :o

This is sickly :(

Last edited by a moderator:
:ninja: i've seen even worse copies of the chanel quilted bag than that

I actually have to agree with an earlier commenter who asked the question, what's more sad: that people buy fake handbags or that they would buy a real handbag and put themselves into debt for the sake of feeling validated? It is a very touchy subject. There will always be fakes as long as there's a Canal St.

I think the only thing that really irritates me about fakes (aside from being demeaning to those who really work to purchase the real thing) is the incredibly poor craftsmanship of some replica bags and accessories. I recall a girl gushing to me over a fake she found in Chinatown and when I actually saw it, I was repulsed. The "leather" was terribly unconvincing and the embroidery was so poor that it couldn't even be peddled at a place like Sears.

I'd say it has more elements of a Marc Jacobs bag, but with a Chanel chain. I've actually gotten pretty used to this type of "designer inspired" bag, especially with MJ.

I don't think anyone would possibly confuse this bag with a Chanel bag or even a "replica" of a Chanel bag.

Perhaps it could be said to be inspired by it but then I am not sure whether it is also inspired by Marc Jacobs.

Quilted leather bags have been made by different manufacturers (both high end, nameless and in between) for the past 50 or 60 years. I have a belt with a small detachable quilted purse which I bought 20 years ago at Loehmann's -- I don't think at that time Chanel was particularly fashionable since Lagerfeld hadn't resurrected the line. Was the nameless purse designer influenced by Chanel -- perhaps but isn't almost every designer "influenced" by the past -- most of the send assistants out to thrift stores and antique stores to deliberately buy old clothing to "inspire" them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->