Fashion Story Ideas

Oh I didn't know this thread was still going...can't wait start and also to see everybody's entries! I remember from the first few weeks of this thread that we had quite a few good ones. :heart:

Entry 1

Title: Back to the Future
Designer Profile: Rick Owens
Publication: W Magazine
Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Model: Marta Berzkalna

Casting, Hair and Make Up:
2ikprhc.jpg

Concept:
Classic Renaissance style portraits. Photographs are all in black and white.

Title Page:
a1tpoy.jpg

Setting:
Each shot takes place in the same setting. A stark room with only this Rick Owens antler chair. In some shots, Marta is posed seated in the chair. In others, she is standing aside the chair.
2jac18w.jpg

Page 2:
Marta is seated, sitting in profile, wearing this look, which is composed of a Spring/Summer 2005 top, Fall/Winter 2004 and Spring/Summer 2006 skirts and Spring/Summer 2006 shoes.
2i2bgwk.jpg
33vknps.jpg

Page 3:
Marta is seated, facing the photographer wearing this look, which is composed of a Fall/Winter 2005 jacket and a Spring/Summer 2005 skirt and Spring/Summer 2005 shoes.
25fun13.jpg
33vknps.jpg

Page 4:
Marta is standing to the right of the chair, hands gently interlocked. She is wearing this look, composed of Spring/Summer 2006 jacket, Spring/Summer 2008 pants and Fall/Winter 2007 shoes.
ran2bb.jpg
33vknps.jpg

Page 5:
Marta is standing to the left of the chair, in profile to the photographer. She is wearing this look, which is composed of a Spring/Summer 2006 jacket, Fall/Winter 2005 pants and Fall/Winter 2008 boots.
2dukzsk.jpg
33vknps.jpg

Page 6:
Marta is seated facing the photographer, hands resting in her lap, wearing this look, composed of a Fall/Winter 2008 vest, Fall/Winter 2005 sweater and skirt, and Fall/Winter 2007 shoes.
2chq6tc.jpg
33vknps.jpg

Page 7:
Marta is standing front of the chair, in profile to the photographer, wearing this look composed of a Fall/Winter 2010 top, Spring/Summer 2005 skirt and Fall/Winter 2008 boots.
nus85.jpg
33vknps.jpg

(style.com/ elle.com/ historyofourworld.wordpress.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
SO glad this thread has been revived!
Shame the last contest didn't get judged :(
Oh well - onto new things!
Shall be joining in presently.

(BTW!)
How is the contest being judged this time?
I'd be happy to judge the contest. Once the deadline is up, I'll compile a list of everyone's entries, voting will begin, members can send me PMs, and I'll announce the winner. Nothing different than before, I suppose.

Unless others have suggestions for an alternative way of judging/voting?

No, that sounds a good idea, just like the Vogue Cover Challenge, i think a week would be a fair deadline.

Just the other day I was looking at some pics I used for an entry here and wondering whatever happened to this thread. So so happy to see its revival. :heart:

And stunning first entry, dior couture!. :wub:

Entry #1

From The Ashes Comes New Life

Designer: Alexander McQueen
Ph: Steven Klein
Styling: Panos Yiapanis

Model: Kristen McMenamy
mcmenamy.jpg

Makeup: Pat McGrath Hair: Guido
pimpedout.png

Hair and makeup takes it's cues from various places, but is mainly dark. It does lighten up in the 'happier' parts of the story.

Setting: Various parts of an unnamed cemetery
Magazine: Vogue Italia

-------------------------------------------------------------

Look #1
Just an intro to the shoot. The shade from the big tree leaves only a sliver of light on her face. Image is shot waist up.
lookcollage9.jpg

Look #2
It's all turning dark, both the day, and in the feel of things. Kristen has her arm wrapped around the angel and is looking up to her face and praying for things to turn around.
lookcollage5.jpg

Look #3
The situation hasn't been getting better so she's ready to fight. She's perched atop the grave stones waiting for the worst. The wind is blowing and the cape is flying.
lookcollage10.jpg

Look #4
The situation is deteriorating and the image is of her tied up the the cross, with fire all around her (not candles).
lookcollage3.jpg

Look #5
B&W shot. Almost all hope is lost. She's clinging to the headstone and the under wire of the dress is broken.
lookcollage4.jpg

Look #6
All hope is lost. She is sitting in the grass weeping. The light across her face only.
lookcollage11.jpg

Look #7
She is almost in denial, she wont accept the fate that lays ahead. She is prying at the helmet's rungs.
lookcollage12.jpg

Look #8
She's tired and lays down in the grass for an eternal sleep. Grass and vines cover her body. She is dirty.
lookcollage2.jpg

Look #9
B&W shot. She reincarnates as a ghost. She's coming out of the mausoleum and there are a lot of gauzy bandage strips as well as the dress.
lookcollageefe.jpg

Look #10
B&W shot. She is inside the cemetery's gates, but is unable to get out. She's screaming, but nothing comes out.
lookcollage8.jpg

Look #11
B&W shot. She's still a ghost. It's snowing out and she is wandering aimlessly.
lookcollage6.jpg

Look #12
It's spring time, and miraculously she wakes up. She's still dead, but doesn't realize it. She's laying in the grass, surrounded by flowers, still dirty.
lookcollage7.jpg

Look #13
She is standing atop a mound of skulls, her dress is blowing around wildly. She has a false sense of happiness and is not actually victorious.
lookcollage13.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

*mentalfloss.com / whitemoonrecordings.tumblr.com / zazzle.com / christianmyspace.com / marclamothill.com / kozerawski.com / gallery.hd.org / layoutspers.com / scrapbookpages.com / bridimgtunpriortary.co.uk / Squizree @tfs / dior_couture1245@tfs / style.com / fashiongonerogue.com / thebosh.com / electricstyle.onsugar.com / maisonchaplin.blogspot.com

oh sooooo glad it's back ...
not enough time on my hands those days, but will probably at the end of that turn ...
i already did a story for McQueen Tribute on my own, when he passed away ...
should post this !!!!

GREAT !!!!!

* very sorry to have let this die ...........

Sorry for my late entry... better late than never.

Designer: Lanvin

(I wanted to show the 'different' less cliche image of Lanvin, dark and quite masculine, set in a smoking/gentlemen's club, the girls sat around drinking whisky and smoking provocatively, a one page feature, with the idea of the 5th look emulating Alber, as if he were in the picture)

Title: Guys and Dolls

Magazine: Vogue Paris

Photographer: Steven Klein

Set: (The best kind of example i could find, although its a tom ford store)
storel.jpg

Paolosavi.com

Hair and Make up: Guido Palau and Pat McGrath
00300mh.jpg

Models: Kasia Struss, Natasha Poly, Anja Rubik, Snejana Onopka and Anna Selezneva
00510m.jpg
00340m.jpg
00590my.jpg
00250m.jpg
00490m1.jpg

Looks: (in order with model)
00050mn.jpg
00060m.jpg
00220m.jpg
00490m.jpg
00520m.jpg

*Style.com

That sounds great, I'm doing my entry right now :smile:

I was going to edit my post but I was too late..
Is it OK to use an item from another designer? I'd only be using a headpiece (for all the girls) from another designer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->