Fashion Story Ideas

or i would ask vincent peters to make the same photograph with polina instead of rianne. this would be propably the most beautiful picture you can get at the moment... :smile: :heart: :innocent: :wink:

I would like to photograph Linda Evangelista in super minimal setting preferably the Namibian desert wearing jewelry by Cartier only.
0386.jpg

I think I'd like to do a story called "One boy, Two boy, Tomboy"

Shot by Steven Meisel.

Models, two guys and a girl, should be young, looking like ordinary teenagers, and they would lounging around a pool, skating, swimming and just hang out. Kirill, David Lindvall, Natalia V. maybe.

Minimum make-up, casual hairstyles.

Styling would be something casual, skater, colorful, boyish. Maybe something like this.

vogue-0105-cvr.jpg

I'd like to do fashion story about Estonias abandoned mansions..They look so beautiful even when they're "dead"

It'll be romantic .. Clothes will be floral print fluffy skirts and lots of jewerly, mostly diamonds and silver. And then maybe "poor" aristocratic look.. Soft colours.

Tiiu Kuik will fit in perfectly as an model and then I'd use hana soukupova too. Models that have "soft look."

I'd like to point out the mansions,they're really great looking and I wish they'd be reconstructed ( sorry spelling ..) . There is many many many of them everywhere in Estonia . And overall Estonia is so beautiful place.

My ideas are always so artsy fartsy to be considered real, but I have a few ideas that I’ve been playing with recently. So here goes:

Title: A portrait of themselves.

Location: Indoors, a French country house (not those I-have-a-420K-yatch-in-Monaco ones, more like a student hovel with a garden, and by garden I mean a disarray of weak spring greenery and weeds.)

Lighting: Neutral, white balance: natural daylight. For window shots, lighting effects of a 2 o’clock spotlight with narrow focus.

Camera settings: ISO speed 800, saturated colour, exposure metering: multi-pattern, focus zone: multi, sharpness: soft.

Models: Two men in late teens, very pale, Dickensian looking, rounded face. A composite of chest:37, waist:29, height: 185 – 188 cm.

Muses: The model that portrays Thomas Chatterton in Henry Wallis’ painting ‘The Death of Chatterton’.

Clothes: Very casual, nothing too posey. Contemporary meets council estate. Lots of Christophe Charon, Sebastien Meunier slim jeans and vest tops, a lot of white or light printed (Something like Alexander Mcqueen’s F/W 2005-2006 floral prints on the collar) full sleeved shirts. Three quarter shorts, (Italo Zuccheli did a nice one for Calvin Klein S/S 2005.) Catty Wompus t-shirts (by photographer Bryan Rindfuss), Andrew Mackenzie’s low slung jeans, 1940’s pony skin and lambs wool jackets, Hermés cashmere button-up grand dad cardigans, Tisza shoes. Think Stephan Schneider S/S 04.

Hair and make-up: A studied scruffiness, no facial hair, milky complexions but not wasted looking. Hair should be tousled, longish, hanging about the shoulders in a page boy fashion. Hair colour, this thick dark blonde that knights used to have in the days of Charlemagne, and a Mary Tudor auburn colour, both clash fantastically with natural daylight offering contrast to the somewhat demure surroundings.

Scenes: I could go on forever! But off the top of my head,

Scene 1: Rumpled sleepy boy wakes up. Boy sitting up in a v-necked white Rogosky top (the one with the scarf feature in the S/S 05 show.)And barely there shorts. One hand rubbing sleep out of his eyes, in the other hand he is holding a large white square Scandia down pillow.

Décor: A Goblein tapestry used as a bedspread, and a single William-Wayne pillow (The one with the picture of a violet iris on it), artfully arranged somewhere on the bed, so that it makes the shot! A rusty wrought iron bed, a white makeshift foam mattress, perhaps placed under a faux slanted ceiling, a thread bare carpet next to the bed, all yellowing white walls. A bunch of very yellow daffodils are packed in a wide metal bucket, far right almost not making the picture, but are well-illuminated (artificial soft omni light). Main focus should be on boy’s face and stature, perhaps a shadow on the wall.

Scene 2: A panoramic shot, in the kitchen. (a large kitchen, maybe a renovated salon.) Boy 1 is at far right of photo, profile shot, he drinks milk straight out of the carton, head tilted back. He wears, a crimson button up Hermés cardigan with no shirt, and Meunier straight legged jeans (It’s important that the model has long legs, as this emphasizes the fabric structure of this jeans type.) He has a silver ring on his thumb, which is viewed in the shot. He wears Tizsa trainers, not worn in, perfectly new. Boy 2 is perched over sink (entire body makes shot, legs should not dangle but be positioned stretched out, giving an impression of the presence of window ledge.), gazing blankly out of the window, that frames the sink, he wears a pony and lambs wool jacket over a Calvin Klein mustard vest top and Alexander Mcqueen’s eggshell/beige shorts. He is barefoot. His hair should be out of his eyes, light from window, should bounce of the face, giving the effect of a porcelain face with sharp features.
Décor: Kitchen should be fairly large and empty, fly-away muslin curtains for kitchen window, well-scrubbed but slightly cracked square floor tiles. An old tin of treacle balances precariously over stainless steel pots and pans placed on the floor near an open kitchen cabinet positioned beneath the sink. An old 1980’s medium white fridge (note that boy should be taller than it.) and a large wooden table (makes the centre of photo) provide suitable background for boy 1. A white Shirley McLauchlan hand-stitched blanket acts as a table cloth. Boy 2 is holding a cigarette in his left hand and a yellowing fine bone china tea cup (sans saucer) in his right hand.

Other scenes: If I carry on, I’ll turn this into a novel, so I’ll stop.

Length: It should be not more than a four or five page editorial, otherwise it would be boring.

solomonsdevalois...
what a well thought out and descriptive post...

i hope one day you can make this happen...:flower:

welcome to the fashion spot...

Thanks softgrey! It means a lot that you noticed!

I love making up these ideas, i hope i can make it happen one day!

I've been playing with this idea for a few months now, since I saw the f/w 05 collections and the direction fashion seems to be going in.

I'd call the editorial Ligne or Pointu (French for Line and Sharp), haven't decided which yet.

The set would be somewhere very dark, modern architecture, hard lines, very large....kind of a warehouse, but more artistic. Very graphic, think something like this but with less texture. Maybe a bit of De Gaulle airport thrown in.

Lovell_Haus_Neutra.gif

62241976.jpg

I'd use two models, male and female, preferably Eugenia Volodina and Steve Gold.....they both have very strong features.

The clothes would be very dark in color, basically black, midnight blue, indigo, charcoal, nothing very bright. Also, the clothes would be kind of anti-volume, very strict tailoring, slim lines, very fitted, long and lean.

I'd pull pieces from Gucci's womens collection like some of the military-esque coats, a black peacoat from Dior, an inky colored trench from Lanvin, a black cocktail dress with cutouts from Narciso rodriguez, an indigo column dress from Cavalli, a slate colored dress from Roland mouret, a black Versace coat with exaggerated collar, Rochas black satin skirt suit, Balenciaga black mod coat and trousers, some pieces from Calvin Klein and a black taffeta folded gown from McQueen

00370f.jpg
00060f.jpg

00010f.jpg
00210f.jpg

the only accessories I'd use are Gucci black crocodile boots and Calvin Klein satin sandals....and maybe a pair of black leather driving gloves
00110f.jpg
03f.jpg

For the guy I'd use a beaded suit and shiny coat from McQueen, a pinstriped suit and petrol velvet jacket from Dolce and Gabbana, a peacoat from Gucci, a few pairs of full cut trousers from Cavalli, a shiny midnight blue suit from Valentino, some overcoats from Versace, and a gorgeous inky black suit from YSL......
00780m.jpg
00010m.jpg

The lighting would be essential. I'd use it to create lines and shadows with the models and the clothes, very angular. It would give the pictures a very sharp quality creating highlights on certain parts of the models' faces and bodies.

I'd have the models posed in very "couture-y" poses, for the girl think Dovima photographed with the elephants by Avedon, very dramatic, using the body to create a shape, for the guy, very strong and powerful, but with an elegance to his posture, more natural then the girl but still creating a shape with his body.......

The whole message of the editorial would be to capture the lines of the clothes on the human form, hence the simplicity of the clothing and setting. I want to create a very dramatic looking set of photos without the addition of any special effects or over the top clothing. Sort of maximal impact with minimal tools...if that makes any sense.

I've had the thought that it would be cool, if a shoot were to show clothes... not being worn, but... being affected by an obviously human hand without their being visible. Like puppetry. :unsure::ninja:

Spike413 said:
Maybe a bit of De Gaulle airport thrown in.

it's a great location...
i think it's next to impossible to get permission to shoot there...
for security reasons and such...

it was a BIG deal when U2 was able to shoot their video there...
even before 9/11...

location scouting can be a whole job in itself... ^_^

Crazy Mom:

Model:Maria Carla Boscono

Shes a mother and you see her picking up her child at school or at parent meetings she smokes where cant basiclly things parents have to do for children at school ,but she has a very special style very exentric punky alot of colour she always wears something classic a hat maybe so in the background you see all the snobby parents (because its one of those schools) looking and telling their children not to get close to her

one thing that would be in for sure is that skirt that opened the ungaro show spring 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
the background: on a dusty orange cliff (this mission impossible II ) afternoon...bright sun etc/ blue sky. models climbing up and hanging off the side of the cliff in etro, cavalli clothing..something colorful w/ lots of flowy fabric..
they could have harnesses on w/ rock climbing shoes. you would have shots from all different angles..but mostly very close shots..it should look as if it was shot by mario testino. but some of the shots become very visceral..like conveying the extreme tension--muscles flexed, goosebumps and sweat. the skin would be dusty and scraped in areas..everything like a real rock climber on a website except w/ models. the models would more of a athletic build, but they would still look like models.

also there would be a lay out of them bouldering (rock climbing around big boulders) and waiting around in a forest w/ the newest YSL collection on..w/ blueish light and a really green forest. the boulders would be natural..have moss and bird sh*t on them..nothing embellished. you would see shots of them climbing on the underside of a huge boulder, looking much like a boulder themselves in puffy tulip skirts and shirts..

i would also have a shoot in a very picturesque woodsy landscape..think yosemite at the bottom of a snow capped moutain. there would be large lush green trees and a babbling brook sparkling in the sun. there would be models in the brook very Ophelia-like ..hair spread out in the water and dresses floating. i think alexander mcqueen the ship wrecked collection..but the brightly colored pieces. and there would be colorful tuna fish and carp on either side spread on the grass flapping and dying. it should look like the girl someone fell in the water and pushed all the fish out, as a result of some sort of intense force. but the scene should look really perfect like a dream..as if nothing was amiss..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was taking the bus into the city and it was going along the lakeshore, and I spotted this great playground that had a few gigantic iron dinosaurs off to its side.

Was picturing a lolita-ish model decked out in all the tribal styles now so popular, with all kinds of vibrant colourful accessories, riding the dinosaurs and skulking through the 'jungle gym'... :D

I'd imagine it would be amazingly satisfying to see what is in your mind come to fruition on paper..

travolta said:
it should look like the girl someone fell in the water and pushed all the fish out, as a result of some sort of intense force. but the scene should look really perfect like a dream..as if nothing was amiss..
Very surrealistic... reminds me of some scenes from a film called Drowning by Numbers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->