Fashion Story Ideas

I just googled it. They have some really nice pictures of Mandy Moore on their website.

Originally posted by banana@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:22 am
I just googled it. They have some really nice pictures of Mandy Moore on their website.
mandy moore?...that's odd...they are a downtown sort of alternative club culture/lifestyle magazine...sort of an edgier interview...mandy moore really isn't their style...more like courtney love... :unsure:

anyway...a pregnant bride in las vegas is just their style... :flower: :P

My other idea was to have models playing chess. They'd have to be in all black or all white. Once scene would have two models in very structured clothes sitting at a chess table. The other scene would be one of those giant chessboards with the models playing as the queen wearing flowy dresses.

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:51 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:51 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:41 pm
I would take my idea from a paper I just did for English class, Sexuality in the Fashion Industry. It would be a breakdown of how sex has become so much a part of modern fashion in everything from the design of the clothes to the advertising. I discussed the twenties, the introduction of the miniskirt in the 60's, the return of sex in the 90's, designers who have used sex successfully, controversial advertisements....basically all of the things I discussed in my paper. I'd use pictures of flappers, the mod miniskirts, Saint Laurent's sheer blouse and Le Smoking, Gaultier and D&G's use of lingerie in the 80's, Calvin Klein's kiddie p*rn scandal, Tom Ford's, well everything. The YSL M7 and Opium ads, Gucci's "G-spot" photo. That's pretty much it, a progression of sex in modern fashion.
no spike...
you're supposed to create your OWN pictures...that's the whole point...you're doing a PHOTOSHOOT... :flower:

how would you do it then...?

sorry if that wasn't clear... :huh: :flower: [/b][/quote]
oooh, well in that case............

I'd take garments from all throughout history, as I mentioned, and put them on some of today's biggest models, Liya, Natalia, Julia etc. I'd have each one of them wearing a look from one of the time periods, but they'd be in these rooms that are a cross between ultra modern, sleek and 18th century French budoirs. I'd have them in these sort of Marquis de Sade situations, very perverse, but as the story progressed, the women will become the ones in control, the active roles in the activities, and the men will become the sexual objects......

If only you could see what's going on in my head..... :wacko:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:41 pm
scott...you'll have to do another shoot in the forest then...won't you...

i did one ages ago at a seminary in the country...the location was amazing...but everything else pretty much sucked...hahaha...that shoot still haunts me...i really want to do it over...it was very medieval...huge velvet beret...big full skirts..walking stick...basket...etc...

i can so relate to being inspired by music...music inspires me a lot as well... it's always easier to work with a photographer who likes the same kind of music as me...cause then i know he'll get my story ideas more...

*not finding much green for fall...will probably have to use resort...but i haven't seen all of it...so i'm working blind... :ninja: :doh:

may have to put this idea aside for now and work on something else...it will come when it's ready...

:flower:
:lol: Main reason was because it was the first time and the fact I had done the shooting...and I knew nothing about the technical side of photography.....points of light,being up-close to your subject blah blah blah. I know now,so yes,I will be doing something like that again! :P

fear of flying...

faust actually saw these contact sheets...(pre-edited film)

outerwear story...
shot on the street...
grainy black and white

coats/capes...lots of movement...wind...jumping/flying motion...hair blowing everywhere
model leaping across the frame...looks as though she is being chased ...coat and long skirts flying in the air...very elegant graphic shapes against a gritty street...

opening shot...vintage boys school blazer which i opened up in the back seams and tattered at the edges...then inserted a small pair of white feather wings which i tea-stained and burned at the edges...(fallen angel)...model is running away...looking over her shoulder...

FEAR OF FLYING>>>

:ninja:

i would have an editorial of bruno santos as a caveman.......climbing up trees and dumb things like that...not for any particular purpose.....but just so we can see his fit bod

Soft,I thought of another I would love to conquer-its been reeling in my head all day!

"Midwich Cuckoos" by way of Hitchcock in feel.

Models/Presentation: Childish yet very blank in terms of expression and demeanor.

Styling: The clothes will also fit the mood-sweet,innocent dresses(à la Cosmic Wonder/Rzepski)lots of schoolgirl tailoring-pleats,blazers etc.

Hair and make-up: Not sure about this?

Scene: In the middle of field-very still and calm.

Originally posted by Scott@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:33 pm
Soft,I thought of another I would love to conquer-its been reeling in my head all day!

"Midwich Cuckoos" by way of Hitchcock in feel.

Models/Presentation: Childish yet very blank in terms of expression and demeanor.

Styling: The clothes will also fit the mood-sweet,innocent dresses(à la Cosmic Wonder/Rzepski)lots of schoolgirl tailoring-pleats,blazers etc.

Hair and make-up: Not sure about this?

Scene: In the middle of field-very still and calm.
scott...i'm getting a picture...

school girl?...so...short skirts?...what about accessories...?

what does the title refer to?...midwich cuckoos?...i love the sound of hitchcocok...

is it colour or black and white?... :flower: :heart:

Here there are some ideas:
*Color essay ... 7 pictures with EVERYTHING on one color (green/blue/red ..) .. I think some shots of models doing house chores would suffice (ideal photographer=LaChapelle)
*Don Quixote ...with girls!!! Doña Quijote rescuing Dulcineo ... I'd love to see that ...somehow I think Gaultier would fit!
*Have you seen that (in)famous painting from Fragonard? (the one with the girl in the swing and the guy hiding on the bushes?) What about having the same setting on different time periods?
*Underwater ... the models float looking to the bottom of a pool ..the photographer shots them with all the sunlight filtrating right behind the models ... another option is a tale of two creatures ... models floating at night looking to the sky ... with the moon as only light ... and then models in the sky, looking below ... a desert setting souds perfect
*Models coming out of ads .... have you seen Placebo's video for "This picture" with this fictious clothing label on ads across the city and models stepping out of them and walking like real people (from 2D to 3D!) ... that'll be cool.
*The some calm romantic shot ... women on extremely old monasteries! Like ruins ..with vines and stuff ... the trick is that there's gonna be hunted by these sexy temptresses on tight-tight outfits trying to get the men and the romatic girls protecting them.
*Homeless ... think really poor people in extremely poor houses and models wearing the most luxurious clothing serving their food (think ... "The potatoe eaters" by Van gogh)
More to come later...

damn blumarine...you go!... :flower:

i :heart: don quixote...to dream the impossible dream..etc etc...

i also really like the temptress of the forest idea...very dark and beautiful.... :heart:

Ahhh ... tks, softie!
You make me feel better about my quixotesque idea of becoming an editor!
:wink: :flower:

Originally posted by blumarine@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:42 pm
Ahhh ... tks, softie!
You make me feel better about my quixotesque idea of becoming an editor!
:wink: :flower:
i sing that damn song to myself regularly...it is that much of a struggle...hahaha... :wacko: ...
but i have these pictures in my head that won't go away until i do them... :rolleyes:

so i guess i'm stuck... :lol:

go for it if you feel that way ... :flower:

I LOVE THIS ARTIST

skoglundcatparisfull.jpg

revenge.jpg

maybe.jpg

Sandy_Skoglund.jpg

i would love to do a fashion equivilence to these pictures, or more her style

:woot: :woot: :woot:

SANDY SKOKLUND!!!...how bizarre...she's an installation artist...

one of my professors at FIT took us to one of her exhibits...it was the pink room full of blue squirrels...
the last one you posted wyatt...each show is a different installation...i don't really know anyone else who knows her work...it's pretty freaky...all the squirrels were cast of metal and then painted blue...and then she'll have real people in the scenario...very surreal...

i'm in
:shock: ...

cool... B) :wink:

i don't know, but i've been wanting to do a rock and roll (i guess) haute couture kind of story for a while. if only i were a stylist :cry:

i NEED TO use this ungaro haute couture dress in a hommage to madonna's "like a virgin" days... it is so fitting. but it would need to be shortened......
.....not like i have any qualms about taking a pair of scissors to the $100,000 haute couture gown though.

i'm invisioning it worn with a dior "hardcore" chain belt and white pumps with white armpit-length lace gloves, white fishnets, and tons of bracelets on both arms (white rubber bangles, diamonds, pearls and chains of all sizes)...and tons of pearl and diamond and cross necklaces with tons of earrings and giant hair of course.

*whew!*

http://***************/image/0121200415480151.jpg

LIKE_A_VIRGIN_COVER_VIRGIN_.JPG
MAD6.jpg

p10536917_ph_althero_White.jpg

;D

Originally posted by brian@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:23 am
i don't know, but i've been wanting to do a rock and roll (i guess) haute couture kind of story for a while. if only i were a stylist :cry:

i NEED TO use this ungaro haute couture dress in a hommage to madonna's "like a virgin" days... it is so fitting. but it would need to be shortened......
.....not like i have any qualms about taking a pair of scissors to the $100,000 haute couture gown though.

i'm invisioning it worn with a dior "hardcore" chain belt and white pumps with white armpit-length lace gloves, white fishnets, and tons of bracelets on both arms (white rubber bangles, diamonds, pearls and chains of all sizes)...and tons of pearl and diamond and cross necklaces with tons of earrings and giant hair of course.

*whew!*

http://***************/image/0121200415480151.jpg

LIKE_A_VIRGIN_COVER_VIRGIN_.JPG
MAD6.jpg
HA!...someone should style britney like that...you should call her brian... :woot: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->