What to wear to a job interview

I have a job interview to coordinate a youth mentoring program on Monday. I am already a volunteer with the program and know that attire is business casual. I want to surprise them with how nice I can groom myself, but am not sure what would be appropriate to wear (khakis and a button up with some heels?)

Holt Renfrew Interview: What to wear??

If anyone could be of help.. I have an interview at Holt Renfrew on Monday and I'm super excited but I'm not too sure on what to wear.. I have a bunch of things in mind but it's either trendy casual or very proper. Any input would be lovely, thanks! :flower:

I believe we have a thread on what to wear to interviews in Careers and Education

starz1 said:
Holt Renfrew rocks

Lucky you! tell us how your interview goes! I would love to work in the women's wear at Holt's . I live in toronto too. Are you currently working or studying fashion?

I must agree with you all that Holts does indeed rock lol. The first thing I'll do when I get home is post ^_^. As for being in the business... no not really, I worked at American Eagle through out high school for some side cash and am currently at Sephora. Im taking a course in Humanities and Sociology, funny thing is that after high school everyone thought I would be in fashion lol.. Guess its my chance now to work my way up--which I do not mind! Hey, you gotta start somewhere :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what to tell you really, but a friend of a friend of mine got a job at Holt's Vancouver location. Apparently he had to go through a HUGE group interview......but got the job. Good luck and hopefully it will go well!

Wow you can work at Holt's when you're so young? (I'm assuming you're young cos your a student).

Good Luck! It'll be awesome if you get to work there =)

I'm 22 years old. I don't think that's too young to work there. lol at least I hope not. :smile:

well i remember my harvey nichols interview back in the days.
hair tied
black jacket and pants NOT a suit
and a ONE colour tee/shirt/etc under

they actually told me to take off a pink hair pin i had in my hair before going into the interview room :lol:

Please help!

I have an interview at a creative staffing agency for a proofreader contract at an ad agency. Should I go formal with a suit? Or, since it's a creative field like advertising, should I be more individual? If so, what would you suggest?

I want to say err on the side of conservative, but I've always been wrong when I showed up at interviews. I've usually felt stiff and outdated in my suit amidst all the employees.

If it matters, I live in Seattle, which isn't exactly know for power dressing.

Thanks for any and all replies. (I'm nervous! so i appreciate any responses.)

from my experience, it's best to dress formal but comfortable at the same time. i have used suits for interviews and they aren't the most comfortable things! i hated it and i could tell my uncomfortness (is that a word?) shows in my face too! i always use 2 rules when doing office dressing.. never more than 3 colours. it can be messy. hope that helps. if u worry about fitting in, go to the office or outside the office and see what people there wear to work so u get an idea :smile:

^ thanks! karma. :flower:

i've decided on a vintage button-down in a kind of silky brown material, paired with a black skirt in a thick weave. the skirt comes down to my knees, but is slightly high waisted. for shoes, a pair of oxfords with a small heel. depending on the weather, i might wear some sheer hose or not.

i'm going for a clean, competent look with a little bit of personality to it.

i thought about going to scope out the place, but i ended up taking a nap today instead. :doh:

Topshop Interview What To Wear?? HELP!

Ok topshop + interview what should i wear

obviously not a suit!

I was thinking grey waistcoat with a white t shirt underneath, black jeans and a skinny belt

or just an electric blue cardigan with straight black jeans and a straight black tie black shirt.....:blush:

im so confuzzled help! what would you wear??

what is the job for?

If it is PR or Marketing, definitely wear one of their pieces.

No lol i wish its just SA, having said that they are going to make me put an outfit together etc....
its funny most of my clothes are from topman so i will have no problem representing their look its just which outfit :(

I would wear something that you are comfortable with- like your favorite outfit. It's really important to feel confident and comfortable in your clothes on an interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5starnoe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->