Favorite Deodorant?

Fenjal - old fashioned & very feminine but all the better for it! it means my husband doesn't pinch it...

Originally posted by helena@May 11th, 2004 - 6:46 am
Fenjal - old fashioned & very feminine but all the better for it! it means my husband doesn't pinch it...
i absolutely adore the smell of fenjal. it's sooo nice. :heart:

i guess im the only one so far who uses lady speedstick with the powerstripe. in peaches, i like it :smile:

Originally posted by sbbbjm@May 7th, 2004 - 12:49 am
this is gonna sound kinda gross but i really don't use deodorant that often cuz when i get sweaty its just sweaty, i don't get the BO that comes with it. i mean it kinda makes sense though cuz the only reason why you get BO is because you have bacteria under your arms and that bacteria mixes with warm sweat and makes a not so desirable smell. i'm a hygeine freak so i shower and scrub like 2x a day so bacteria doesn't even have the chance to stay there. and i know i dont stink because well this is gonna sound gross too but i've had people actually smell me right after being sweat soaked and the only smell they could detect was that 'being outside' (not something that was emitted from my body) kinda smell cuz it was after a 5 mile run. maybe i'm a freak. thank your for reading my wonderful story as gross sounding as it is.
I never use it. I never sweat under my arms. Maybe I'm missing some sweat glands or something :unsure:

When I do my cardio workouts my head (because I have thick hair), and my back are the only parts of me that sweat. My father is the same way, I must have inherited his "non-sweaty" genes.

My boyfriend on the other hand smells like a gym sock after he gets back from football (soccer) games and practices.

He is completely aware of his stinkyness yet insists one giving me hugs after his games! blah :yuk:

He uses some south american brand of deoderant. Smells nice, like cologne. :flower:

I looooove Weleda deodorant. It comes in a lovely glass bottle and smells gorgeous. It doesn't plug up your pores either. :flower:

Thanks SO much to everyone who suggested Mitchum. I got it a week ago, and have been sweat stain free!!
It is actually stronger than Secret's Platinum Protection, which they claim is the strongest you can get without a perscription. But Mitchum has 20% Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly, whereas Secret's Platinum Protection only has 19%! Goodness! Those tricky advertisers...

Originally posted by BritBagLady@May 22nd, 2004 - 5:42 am
I looooove Weleda deodorant. It comes in a lovely glass bottle and smells gorgeous. It doesn't plug up your pores either. :flower:
really? i thought that's how antiperspirants work

In which case it is probably like the LUSH deodorants that I use--only a deodorant, not an antiperspirant.

I can't use antiperspirants, myself as they irritate my skin horribly, so I use a deodorant only. I don't get that sweaty, only stinky.

Body chemistry is a weird thing, isn't it?

Fa for me :smile:
I love the various scents, though it's kinda tough to get in the US.

I'm the WORST sweater! What I use is Certain Dri. You can buy it at drugstores and its a very strong anti-perpirant that you put on at night to block your sweat glands. (Don't worry, its safe) Then, in the morning I use Michium Cool Dry that works wonders. And I don't sweat anymore! Try this, good stuff.

i like unscented stuff...so if i want to bathe in cologne later, it doesnt cause much scent mixing problems :rolleyes:

but if i want scent, i go for something lemony or orangy.

I think I'm going to research why some people don't sweat while others sweat excessively.

I'm sure in the future scientists will be able to modify the gene that cause a lot of sweat. :lol:

I am gonna try the anti perspirants suggested.

I used to almost NEVER sweat. A year ago, I started sweating from my armpits which is ABSOLUTELY gross, well to me.... I had to bring a hair dryer with me half of the time to dry the part of my top under my armpit...... I am lucky there's no smell but it's just disgusting.....

I need a really strong anti perspirant! :shock:

it's kinda weird but i don't sweat at all in my armpits. i've ever had problems with staining or BO or anything so i don't use deodorant. i guess i'm just lucky :P . oh yeah and scrub your armpits in the shower with a loofah and some antibacterial body wash. it really helps :wink:

I use nivea balance even it's not that necessary cause i don't sweat much.

Originally posted by FashionVixen@May 27 2004, 03:41 PM
I'm the WORST sweater! What I use is Certain Dri. You can buy it at drugstores and its a very strong anti-perpirant that you put on at night to block your sweat glands. (Don't worry, its safe) Then, in the morning I use Michium Cool Dry that works wonders. And I don't sweat anymore! Try this, good stuff.
[snapback]267944[/snapback]​

Certain Dri is awesome.

I use Secret Unscented (solid, not their 'invisible solid,' which doesn't work). It works pretty well for me, but it does make marks in my clothes sometimes. The marks aren't usually bad, but they can be. I've been through a few different brands, though, and this one works better than Ban roll-on, Arm and Hammer solid, and Dove solid (all unscented--but the Dove one still smelled like something). I'm going to try Nivea or Mitchum to see whether I can avoid the marks while still eliminating the odor. Thanks for the tips. :flower:

My dad sweats a ton, bt my mom barely sweats at all. I'm kind of in the middle, I guess, although more like my mom. Here's the interesting part: Mom barely ever gets bitten by bugs, but mosquitos and things adore Dad. Again, I'm in the middle, but perhaps more like my mom. Are the two things related? :huh:

Originally posted by alwaysandnever@Oct 16 2004, 05:43 PM
Certain Dri is awesome.
[snapback]399045[/snapback]​

I'm one step up- DRYSOL oh yeahhhhh hahha

stupid sweaty parents

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back