Favorite fabrics

Missoni~Heiress

Seductress in Eden
Reaction score
Man-made fibres have their place but natural fabrics are on the whole... better, and more comfortable to wear...

Natural fibres- linen, cotton, silk, wool- have a distinguished history that is reflected in the clothes made from them. This is, needless to say, in turn reflected in their price.

I personally love chiffon and silk... :wub:

What fabrics do you love in an outfit?
How does it make you feel wearing the fabrics?
How does it look?

I think cotton is my favourite. as simple and seemingly common as it is, a stiff cotton broadcloth can be molded to be very sculptural and beautiful. a soft gauzy cotton muslin can be floaty and ethereal. I also love they way they feel.

I also adore the softer fabrics, such as cashmere, for everyday. cashmere is like chocolate - it contributes to my feeling of well being. I also adore it when men when cashmere...very huggable. ^_^

I am a self professed 'fabric-petter' - i.e. I walk about fabric stores touching all the fabric I pass because I am fascinated by the variation of textures and fibres used. I'm definitely a stickler for natural fibres - I hate man-made fibres and am not comfortable at all wearing them.

I like soft fabrics...cashmere and quality cotton (the cotton on my Y's for Men t-shirts is unbelievable to touch...sometimes when i'm wearing it i'll just rub it, it's that soft).

I don't really like velvet because if you pet it the wrong way it's kinda feels bristly! :doh: I love love love Satin!! I think it's great whether it's a satin skirt or a cami it's just the best fabric!

Quality cotton is fantastic, but of course cashmere is just so wonderful...

I just love nice fabric, in general.

As far as fabrics that look good I like shantung, crepe de chine and silk satin.

As far as what feels good, a really soft washed cotton feels great on.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Chiffon & Crepe :heart: :heart: :heart:

But they rarely look good on me, especially my lower part :cry: (big boned bottom)

Silk satin, silk velvet, quality cotton & denim. Cashmere feels so soft & luxurious but I can't wear it. It makes me itch. :doh:

I love Chiffon, Muslin, Tafetta, Silk and Cotton :heart:

I also like leather :doh: and faux fur, and denim

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Dec 3 2004, 07:21 PM
I love Chiffon, Muslin, Tafetta, Silk and Cotton :heart:

I also like leather :doh: and faux fur, and denim
[snapback]449864[/snapback]​
I was gonna put leather too, a really soft Italian leather...there's nothing else like it.

also the stuff they make tutus out of, I cant remember right now.... :wacko:

Tulle,Space??

I love silk cotton,soft wools,knits....basically anything heavy and soft to the touch. And I have a certain affinity for old-fashioned fabrics.

And definitely,Italian leathers. Supple.....soooo supple.

Originally posted by Spike413@Dec 3 2004, 07:54 PM
a really soft Italian leather...there's nothing else like it.
[snapback]449894[/snapback]​
I can't believe I left that out. That's definitely my favorite. Just the smell of new leather makes me so happy...

The way the fabric feels is one of the most important things I check before I bother to really look at it or try it on. As someone else mentioned, I like to walk around in fabric stores feeling things...and I always end up liking the expensive things, of course. :rolleyes: I can't decide on any absolute favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->