Favorite fabrics

I don't know my different types of fabrics and how they look/feel.. so I thought it would be nice for people to post their favorite ones and it can be an educational experience for all.. :smartass:

ok well i like lots of fabrics, but ....

I know what I dont like I cant touch velvet. I hate that stretchy lyra type material, I also hate anything that feels cheap.

But I like chiffons, organzas, silks and other light flowy fabircs. :flower:

I think my absolute favourite has to be silk/cashmere knit. So unbelievably soft...like a dream! I could touch myself all day in a top made of this stuff :lol:

I like wool jersey for dresses - a mediumweight fabric with a little stretch, but not enough to be clingy.

i agree with you tiamaria i cant touch velvet i hate the feel of it so much!:sick:

i adore satin its so smooth and cool :wub: i made myself a quilt out of it and i love wrapping myself up in it i love the way it feels against my skin cool and smooth^_^

^ :lol: I actually like velvet :lol: but mostly on old clothes and costumes :blush:

My favourites would be satin, silk, cashmere, they just feel so divine :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
i like touching cashmere, but when i wear it i find it sort of itchy. :/

i'd have to say my favorite fabric is cotton because it is so breatheable and comfy. i also don't have to worry about keeping it clean or ruining it, because cotton is relatively easy to clean and CHEAP. <3 i know i am boring . . . :D

overrated? :shock: silk and cashmere?! Mix them up and knit them into a sweater and you'll be the cuddliest thing in the whole of Newcastle! :P

Chiffon, tulle, silk, cashmere. Love the look of 20s metallic lame fabric.

Tinuviel said:
Chiffon, tulle, silk, cashmere. Love the look of 20s metallic lame fabric.

How could forget tulle?! I adore tulle! Good call Tinuviel :flower:

Linen is my favorite, for look AND feel... cashmere is so soft, but i can stand wearing it... Cotton is great....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->