Favorite fabrics

cotton, linen, tulle, wool, tweed...
i would love things like silk and cashmere if i didn't hate feeling as if i'm going to ruin everything, and having to constantly worry about pulling!

what's it called when it has small circular dents? often skirts and jackets are made from it. it's heavier also. i just can't remember the name.

I like silk satin, silk chiffon, most types of cotton and linen.

I love the feel of velvet- though I have never found a way to wear it that looked "right" to me

I love crisp starchy silks, and supersoft cashmere

Ooh, good thread! :flower:

My favorites are sheer natural fabrics: cotton tulle,cheesecloth,gauze, lawn and muslin in cotton and wool

I also like
linen/hemp blends with silk
cotton
antique lace
silk chiffon

...they all have warmth of character :heart:

I actually like (and need) most fabrics. But I'm usually attracted to very delicate fabrics or sometihng with interesting texture:
Crepe de chine
Duchesse satin
Tulle
Brocade
Taffeta (very hard to wear but I love the look of it)
Thick lace (almost crochet)

For everdaywear:
Linen (ironing this stuff is a b*tch but I love it coz it's very crisp)
Cotton jersey (the really silky kind)
Cashmere (who doesn't? :innocent:)
Tweed (I love the variety)

organic cotton muslin... :heart: :heart: :heart:

also good scottish wool and cashmere.

i love silk and tulle together, very dreamy on gowns...

Not so much a distinct 'fabric,' but I really like wool gabardine on tailored jackets, looks refined but the gabardine makes it feel more approachable and less formal. I also like denim a lot, since it's the stuff that covers my legs practically every day. Coincidentally, I love wearing my Y's wool gabardine jacket with a nice pair of jeans, my favorite combo.

And there was a Y's hoodie from the F/W season that just ended, when I touched it, it felt as soft as cashmere but I checked the composition and it was 50% wool, 50% acrylic. I thought that was a great use of blended fabrics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->