Prada S/S 2025 Milan

I have done my part in not supporting raf since 1998! I have only bought one Raf item all these years... So I feel like I can say I never liked him and never saw it for him. Im stunned Raf is still here...

I think there are some beautiful colors as usual. He went all-in on his 1950s fantasy with this dark fantasy. its giving that move with brendan fraiser where he lived underground for a long time, very dark and twisted 1950s energy.

lots of random polos and skirts to keep the brand at bay. Those beautiful cocoon coats are like bread and butter for Prada.

While there are things I don't get (Did they change the stylist, this doesn't look like Rizzo's work? Are they ever going to switch up the music again, or was playing numbing techno during every single show a request from Raf when he was signing the contract?!), I find the rather intense reactions to it sort of more puzzling than the collection itself 😅 The menswear in June was already both (intentionally) disjointed and very self-referential - this is clearly leaning on that, plus the success of Miu Miu's current kitchen sink approach. It's also a continuation of Prada's F/W collection in its Crayola-punctuated hyperrealism and staged naivety, with some pieces/looks actually being very similar to the stuff a lot of people praised at N°21 only yesterday, but somehow don't enjoy here.. As someone who doesn't think Raf is the right successor, I'm starting to think Prada really can't win here anymore bcs no matter what they do some still expect them to send out full-on thematic bombs that used to dominate 2000s fashion and that many of us still adore — but that's not where Miuccia (even without Raf), the brand or fashion overall are nowadays. That being said, I sure prefer both the mens- and womenswear for the past S/S, Fabio's last collections for the house and probably the strongest joint effort from Miuccia, Raf and Fabio.

Clothes look less tortured, more elegant. He must be out.

That's why he's selling his furniture. :innocent:
When rich people that collect sell furniture and art its to create legay and add provenance to their collection for more value at sale/auction on one side it's for prestige and the other side it means he bought a new house and wants more money to buy new things and collect like karl even marc jacobs and many more did before many times as the did style&life changes.

poor people do it on depop or ebay or garage sale ...lol

So sadly i would not count on this as a sign for he departure :-) i see this collection a bigger reinforcement of more years to come at Prada till it dont work any more or Miuccia just wants someone else to take over from her completely.

What a way to pollute the planet with bland clothes that will end up at the back of your closets because you won't know when to wear them and you'll have to give them to someone who won't know what to wear them for either. I can see Simons's same crazy ideas without the usual grace. I'll keep waiting for Paris.

The collection feels alot like Raf toying with the idea of what prada is and actual vintage Prada.

But in all i like it even if the JW ness of it comes out,
It was Miuccia saying look Twunk boy you rip me off i show you how to do it and sell as well.( and she is right )

I think its realistic yet extreme and the ugly things are just enough to piss off people (like she always did for fun), but lots of IG friendly and real life items to wear and have same odd effect.

I like it alot each girl looked like personal it was about time they broke the repetition look of one monolite collection looks/theme .

Like the cast as well.(lookied the at the clothes mostly & sometimes at the girl its the right balance for me )

Now the fashion week started period !

let's be honest. It's a weak cast because Brokaw did it. She has access to the second tier girls. The best of them can't show up for this because they are with PG.
Well that was something…

Casting was atrocious. I mean…BAD. And they were all practically sprinting.

Clothes were completely all over the place. Absolutely no rhythm or flow to the run-of-show. Just random look after random look. I know they all think that’s sO mOdErN to be completely narrativeless and “free associative,” but it’s not. It’s amateur looking.

Prada is completely charmless now. Raf is absolutely the worst.
Let's be honest. It's a weak cast because Brokaw did it. She only has access to the second tier girls. The best of them can't show up for this because they are with PG. The general public has no idea how much power PG has and Brokaw takes whatever is leftover. That's how it is.

let's be honest. It's a weak cast because Brokaw did it. She has access to the second tier girls. The best of them can't show up for this because they are with PG.

Let's be honest. It's a weak cast because Brokaw did it. She only has access to the second tier girls. The best of them can't show up for this because they are with PG. The general public has no idea how much power PG has and Brokaw takes whatever is leftover. That's how it is.
Hmmm... disagree with the statement of Brokaw's casting choices. Of course everyone knows the power that PG has in this industry but Ashley also books the most powerful models. Last season Prada was the only show that Anok walked, she also booked Loli Bahia, MariaCarla Boscono, Penelope Ternes for Prada. Even this season Loli walked Tory Burch, Proenza & Alaia. I don't think top girls can't show up for Prada because they are blocked by the fact that they work a lot with PG. It makes no sense. I am pretty sure today's Prada cast was intentional... The only girl that seems to be working only with PG this season is Angelina Kendall.

Hmmm... disagree with the statement of Brokaw's casting choices. Of course everyone knows the power that PG has in this industry but Ashley also books the most powerful models. Last season Prada was the only show that Anok walked, she also booked Loli Bahia, MariaCarla Boscono, Penelope Ternes for Prada. Even this season Loli walked Tory Burch, Proenza & Alaia. I don't think top girls can't show up for Prada because they are blocked by the fact that they work a lot with PG. It makes no sense. I am pretty sure today's Prada cast was intentional... The only girl that seems to be working only with PG this season is Angelina Kendall.
No it's clear cut. The girls who want to do the PG shows, which is all of the good ones, cannot do Brokaw stuff if it is time sensitive. They can if the timing works. Some of them do, but not many. All of the PG girls did Max Mara this morning which didn't start until 12:30. Prada was at 2pm. So none of them could participate. None of them even cast for it because PG is the priority casting director by a big margin. PG has first option on all the best girls and Brokaw gets the second or third batch. New faces etc. Everyone knows that. Might be one or two exceptions but not many. Brokaw gets the second tier when shows are back to back. That is widely accepted.

At max mara this morning. If there's a girl here that isn't in the top bracket then do say :

I feel like it was the other way for a bit, no? Brokaw used to make girls at Prada. But Today everyone compelling was at max Mara (pg) so I guess you’re right

Could you explain to the uninitiated who Brokaw / PG are and what this whole situation is?

Could you explain to the uninitiated who Brokaw / PG are and what this whole situation is
Piergiordgio Del Moro is probably the most powerful person in fashion after Anna Wintour. Some might argue he is more influential than Anna. He decides which girls have a career and which don't. He casts every big show and every big campaign and every big editorial.

Most people think that model agents have influence but none of them really do at the highest level. They are just admin. Pier controls everything. From who is cast in shows, to who appears on covers. He is the person who decides. The biggest models on earth need their agents to ask him for permission before they book jobs. They answer to him. Why? Because he is not going to invest time into a girl for a random agent to go and screw up all his work by booking them on some easy money job. All these careers are carefully strategised.

He is also very influential in photography, which a lot of people don't know. If he doens't like a team he will tell a magazine to change it. If they don't, then they don't have access to his 'stable' of girls. He can make or break a photographers career the same as he can with a model. He really is the gatekeeper to the inner circle. Sounds lame but it's the truth.

Brokaw has been second best casting director for a long time but still influential. There are a lot of big clients out there and PG can't do all of them. Brokaw does the rest. There are other good casting directors of course. Julia Lange, Larissa Gunn, Adam Hindle, Shelly Durkan etc to name a few. I'm missing a lot of them but there are 20 or 30 in the next tier down. None of them can really compete with the machine that DM (Pierre) casting is. If anything, they all copy and imitate.

It is just as political and polarised as any other power dynamic. PG girls will very seldom do Brokaw shows and vice versa. Sometimes they crossover, but not often. It's a sweet spot for a girl to be in the favour of both of them. Currently there's only 5 or 6 models worldwide that do both. Once you notice it you can't unsee it. If there's a Brokaw casted show that is 6 hours apart from a PG show you might see some of the girls cross boundaries. But as with this morning (max mara and Jill sander), not one single top girl will do a Brokaw show if it is in defiance of PG. Small clue but Aylah Peterson fell off for a reason. She did Brokaw stuff without permission.

That's the gist of it.

I had my doubts as well, but this was actually styled by Olivier Rizzo as always. Maybe Lotta put a spell on him somehow. It's undeniable that Miu Miu got the most of the press attention and buzz in last few seasons..
I feel like this is an unsubtle effort to put some shine on Prada again, but approached in a completely wrong way. It's really a hot mess.

I enjoyed how completely unedited this collection was. Last few collections felt like all the same looks with different color variations so this was a bit refreshing. Prada during a nuclear apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->