Ferragamo S/S 2025 Milan

Let's not forget Lotta’s failed attempt with Mulberry and a few upcoming designers; she is very good but not at all times, and that's okay

I extremely dislike Ib Kamara’s personal editorial work, but he was the best out of the 5-7 stylists for Max

Let's not forget Lotta’s failed attempt with Mulberry and a few upcoming designers; she is very good but not at all times, and that's okay

I extremely dislike Ib Kamara’s personal editorial work, but he was the best out of the 5-7 stylists for Max
Ib Kamara is even worse than Lotta… yes, you’re right, Lotta is as good as a designer she works for. Not a miracle worker… She definitely has not made anyone bad seem better.

A couple of bags and shoes are not bad...but overall...meh....the ballet theme is so diluted that looks gimmicky....why he insist to do co-ed shows?

His first collection for Ferragamo was the best....but then his vision diluted...i know working with that family is chaos and complicated and it clearly affects the outcome...

I can’t take “Hf Twitter” seriously at all. The bar is so low for them.

View attachment 1309053
To be totally fair, when you compare his stuff to the ones from his generation in terms of age, he is quite superior to all of them, just in terms of execution.

Even Alexander Wang who is older can’t deliver this.

So I don’t blame them for loving this.

I think Maximillian is talented but he needs a frame.

To be totally fair, when you compare his stuff to the ones from his generation in terms of age, he is quite superior to all of them, just in terms of execution.

Even Alexander Wang who is older can’t deliver this.

So I don’t blame them for loving this.

I think Maximillian is talented but he needs a frame.
I think that Ferragamo really failed Davis, and themselves in a way.

The brand's numbers have been flat (around 1,2-1,4bn) since 2012, so they obviously saw that their strategy wasn't working. They decided to hired Davis, a young emerging designer, with the aim of fully revamping the brand, only to half-*ss it:
- the digital strategy sucks (never deleted the posts pre-rebrand)
- their collection deliveries are constantly late
- it took almost two years to change the logo on their storefronts
- they couldn't even commit to the red colour (dumped it after a year)

Of course, this could be the beginning of a slow-burn strategy with a long term contract (Ferragamo's CDs are known for having relatively long tenures), but I doubt it.

Who is there to compare (besides LdSS/Vilmorin/Harris Reed)? Nobody else in his generation has been given the chance to have as big of a platform and resources. He is around 29 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leopards00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->