Flight Attendant Uniforms : Then and Now

the uniforms by Christian Lacroix were works of art! ^_^

Here's an image of a flight attendant from a local airline. Very generic, yeah. But I've flied with them and the staff are generally very pleasant.

attendant-pic08.gif

wccaviation.net

What a lovely thread! I love Balenciaga's uniform in #15, it makes me wanna to be a stewardess from that decade :blush:

Meanwhl is it just me or are American attendants the least elegant of all the continents? Av flown European, African Asian and American airlines and the Americans are the least groomed. Also their airlines seem to focus less on physical appearance which might
In my experience Emirates are among the most elegant, even ther make up looks like its off a runway
http://travelcritic.info
emirates-airline.jpg

I think virgin do it well in this day and age! Bring back the 60's uniforms I say! X

I'll have to dig up the pictures, but I went to the Helsinki Museum of Design a few years ago and saw their flight attendant uniforms from Finnair in the 1960s. They were excellent.

haha very interesting thread. they always look so sleek and polished. i was on air asia the girls looked fantastic in red and hair slicked back and beautiful makeup.

I wish they were'nt so dowdy nowadays. I love the 60's and 40's ones they were great very feminie. but i guess if they did that now i guess all the femenist would create an uproar. by the way does anyone know how to go about beccoming a stuartist for a international airline. is it hard? any schooling? thank you much appriaciated. oh and is the pay good

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->