Framed!... The Eyeglasses Thread

Hi everyone ! I am lookingfor the exact ID of those frames. I believe they are ray ban but I have no idea about the exact reference...

Thanks if anyone can help :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my new pair of glasses. Maybe I'll start wearing glasses more often again, I was tired of my old tortoise shell pair.

hudson_coarchal_gradient_face.png

aceandtate.com

My new cat-eye frames, they are dark blue but look black in this photo.
zk6cg5.jpg

Warning to all those considering buying Ray-Ban Clubmasters from Amazon during the sale on them: the ones I received were Luxotica replicas.

Warning to all those considering buying Ray-Ban Clubmasters from Amazon during the sale on them: the ones I received were Luxotica replicas.

Actually, Luxottica has owned Ray-Ban for about 17 years. Those are as authentic as you will get unless you buy older ones.

From the NY Times, April 29, 1999:

Bausch & Lomb Inc. is selling its sunglass business, which includes the Ray-Ban brand, for $640 million to Luxottica Group S.p.A. of Italy. Bausch & Lomb, based in Rochester, controls around 40 percent of the global premium-sunglass business, which also includes brands like Revo, Killer Loop and Arnette. But its sunglass unit has struggled of late to turn a profit as rivals like Oakley Inc. gained with styles aimed at young customers. Bausch & Lomb shares fell $1, to $78. Luxottica, which owns the Lenscrafters retail chain, makes eyeglass frames in the medium- and premium-priced categories with brand names like Giorgio Armani, Brooks Brothers, Vogue and Anne Klein.

For a couple of years now, I get all my eyewear -- sunglasses and eyeglasses - at Bailey Nelson. Their main store is here in NSW, but they have stores in the UK if I'm not mistaken.

They're very cheap and very sturdy.

John Lennon Sunnies

I love glasses! I hate contacts because of my allergies but I do wear them sometimes just so I can swap out my prescription lenses for some more trendy shades. A good pair of sunglasses can totally change your look. I'm all about these John Lennon circle sunnies for festival season

I nabbed them at Mark and Estel for half off with code 50MEL. I think the sale goes through Sunday
markandestelshop.com

What men's glasses would people recommend for somebody with a very small PD?

What is a "PD"? (Yeah, I know ... it's probably something that should be clear to me .... )

You may disregard that question ... someone else told me you meant " a very small pupillary distance" ... same problem that this member is having:

I wear the Cheap Monday "Brightness Falls" kids' glasses. (I have a tiny head!)

So there is your answer: kids glasses.

Or if you buy sunglasses from any optometrist's office, they can order frames in small sizes for you (they will let you put regular tinted glass in them, it doesn't have to be prescription).

^^
nice ones...

funny- i just got a new pair almost exactly the same shape, in black...
they are a back up pair though...
still using my round ones for everyday...
at least for now...

^_^...

Hey softgrey, have you checked out Morgenthal Frederics? One of the opticians here used to carry it, and I thought they were absolutely fantastic. I know they have a store in NY, but shopping for eyewear is too high To Do list when I visit.

In the meantime, I'm obsessed with LA Eyeworks. Very cool stuff. :cool:
(src: la eyeworks.com)
12208_lae_shasta_962_f.jpg

I'm looking into getting prescription glasses in the next few months.

As a Korean gal with a wide face, ample cheekbones and low nose bridge, the struggle is real.

Has anyone tried out the high nose bridge frame styles for those with low nose bridges? Like this brand called JINS for instance? The average frame style sits uncomfortably on my cheeks.

My employer has the most convoluted vision care plans so off to America's Best I went.

Heartland Poppy
I tried these on at America's Best. I like the lifting effect of these frames which sit higher on my eyes/forehead rather than sitting uncomfortably on my cheeks and drawing attention downwards.

brknqtrh.jpg

americasbest.com

So I'm going in on Monday for the eye exam and two frames.

The second pair that I'm going with only comes in silver or gold.

Has anyone ever painted metal glasses frames?

I'm thinking of painting the silver metal frames a black color.
There's surprisingly very little out there on painting metal eyeglass frames.

So I'm going in on Monday for the eye exam and two frames.

The second pair that I'm going with only comes in silver or gold.

Has anyone ever painted metal glasses frames?

I'm thinking of painting the silver metal frames a black color.
There's surprisingly very little out there on painting metal eyeglass frames.
enamel spray paint without the lenses...
should work but it might chip...

good luck!

yohjiyamamoto frames...
this is a wire version of the ones I wear in black plastic...
mine are by Anne et Valentin...
^_^...

1200w.jpeg

^ softgrey, I would want to flip them upside! Can you share a pic of yourself in those frames? I'm working on posting some pics now.

I wasn't expecting them for another week but I went in today to pick up my frames and make adjustments on them. One was black cat eye frame while the other a narrower, filigree frame in silver. Really, really wish the latter came in a black option. My certified software nerd bf who thinks he knows everything about frames (he's been wearing glasses since age 8) keeps poo-pooing my DIY custom spray paint idea. Neither frames are my 'dream' frames but FIT and function won over them being 100% my style. These are my first prescription frames so I'm super excited to see more clearly and not be headache-y all the time!

Women's Collection 147 in Silver (most descriptive, helpful to track own style name ever!)
b1q3rthl.jpg

Heartland Poppy in Black
KAYk0Esl.jpg

craptastic, inconsistently sized lo-res images courtesy americasbest.com

Anywhoo wanted to share some dorky selfies for the sake of modelling frames on a wider Asian face with monolids and low nose bridge. Where are the Asian models with wide faces and prominent cheekbones?!?! Not modeling prescription frames apparently. The Filigree style frame feel incredibly light and comfortable but less substantial while the heavier cat eyes feel more secure but more noticeable.

I went against my bfs not so humble opinion that nose pads suck but he who has an ample nose and bridge doesn't understand the struggle lol! Also nose pads push the frames further away lessoning the strain on my eyes. I'm going to post some pics in Sidewalk Cafe in H&S first pinned thread...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->