Framed !... The Eyeglasses Thread

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by shoeaddict, Mar 30, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. shoeaddict

shoeaddict New Member

I LOVE my glasses! I don't think I'll ever go to contacts...

Lafont
    [​IMG]

and my sunglasses (which look MUCH better with dark lenses!)
    [​IMG]

So- lets see your favorite glasses!
    I would love some ideas for new glasses this summer!

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i thought about starting a thread like this,,,i just have no idea where to find pictures to post... :unsure:

i have few prs of frames... :innocent:

3. shoeaddict

shoeaddict New Member

if you know the brand you can find most on eyeglasses.com
    or else do a google search

4. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I always wear glasses. I have a birthmark under my left eye and the glasses help disguse it. Also, I just like glasses.

I only ever have one pair at a time, and I tend to go for very simple styles. Anyone who has seen my pictures has seen my glasses. They are very plain wire-rims that reminded me of Benjamin Franklin :lol:

I might have to get a new pair pretty soon, though I don't really want to. I know I have to get new lenses, because these had this UV coating on them that went funky and is peeling off and is all pocked and pitted and making it very difficult to focus. I have a headache pretty much all of the time. I hope the optometrist can just put new lenses back in these frames. I have had them for several years now, though, and I am afraid the optometrist is going to say they are too bent up and are likely to break :cry:

5. chocsta

chocsta New Member

Mine are Armani ones that look similar to this. I don't really like wearing glasses but I do when I'm at home doing homework, or when I want to look sophisticated :p

6. Plumour

Plumour New Member

glasses can add a lot character to a person, just amazing.
    however I still wear contacts :lol:

7. softgrey

http://www.anneetvalentin.com/english/accueil.html

the glasses on the far right are my everyday frames...made by a french company called anne et valentin...check out their website above...

my frames are blk on the outside and lime green inside....just for a little twist... ;)

8. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

Mine are Dior ;) yes, im blind also :lol:

9. maarit

maarit paint it black

Here's my pair made by Hugo Boss

10. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I wish I could wear my glasses in public occasionally, but I am so terribly nearsighted that my eyes look so tiny when they are on! Plus I am so used to contacts that my depth perception goes all funny when I put on my glasses. My glasses are really only for emergencies.

11. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

i wear glasses.. no contacts but i want to wear sunglasses.. how do i do this? :huh:
    shoeaddict: when you wear your sunglasses, do you have to switch from glasses to sunglasses all the time?

and my glasses are calvin klein. i don't feel like looking for a pic cuz they're very plain. just a titanium blue-grey frame.

12. *AndoraStar*

*AndoraStar* Day Dreaming

Been wearing my glasses for almost 2 months.. and I don't know how I lived w/o them!!! Mine are square and think black rim, everyone loves them on me.. and I thought I would look like a geek.. nope! I now hade gotten the nickname KITTY! lol!

13. softgrey

i bought regular sunglasses and had the lenses changed to my prescription...i've been wearing tinted lenses for everyday for many years now...i've stopped now because i just need something different...

silver metal frames-cutler and gross w/ green lenses-very cool-remind me of london

crystal clear plastic goggle wrap aroundframes-w/top half of lenses tinted grey (custom made-very sci-fi futuristic)...great in the summer with all white

little blk rectangular wire frame-dk grey lenses-(very j lennon)by morgenthal frederriks

heavy blk frames with top of lens tinted grey and bottom half tinted brown-the brown really warms up your complexion...by paul smith
    *note-i had these lenses tinted blue at first, but everyone looked like a walking corpse through them and it was awful, so i changed them)
    :ninja:

i've been wearing glasses since elementary school , so i've tried about every variation by now...i'm somewhat bored ...but my friend says they make me look smart and every little bit helps ...hahaha...

those hugo boss frames are nice maarit:flower:

14. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

i wear contacts most of time, glasses when i need a break which is like once a year for me?! :lol: i love my contacts :blush:
    i just got some new glasses which i <33
    they are translucent plastic . . maroon/red. . . sort of raspberry colour & rectangular :heart: they're fab

15. shoeaddict

shoeaddict New Member

It's a bit of a pain...
    But mostly I wear the sunglasses in the car, then switch before I get out.
    I did find a good glasses case that makes switching easier.

I tend to spend a lot of time outside in the summer ( taking kids to the playground) so I can just leave them on all day.
    Luckily it's not too sunny here in Washington during the rest of the year, so I do okay!

16. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

It's a bit of a pain...
    But mostly I wear the sunglasses in the car, then switch before I get out.
    I did find a good glasses case that makes switching easier.

I tend to spend a lot of time outside in the summer ( taking kids to the playground) so I can just leave them on all day.
    Luckily it's not too sunny here in Washington during the rest of the year, so I do okay![/b][/quote]
    :( i guess there's really no solution

but the tinted glasses sound interesting.. i don't how it'll look on me hmm.. softgrey, do you think tinted glasses look better or worse on most ppl?

17. softgrey

depends...one thing i can say is that it's like an immediate face lift...hides all your baggage... ;)

you can't have them tinted very much or you will look like you're trying too hard and you can't pick candy colours...

but a subtle tint is usually very flattering...one thing you should know is that most tints can be added or removed...so you can try them and if you want them darker or lighter, you can change it...or you can remove the tint all together...like i did with the blue lenses that i hated...

have fun experimenting... :flower:

18. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

:( :ninja: i'm kind of scared of experimenting.. i just keep getting pictures of my 6th grade tech teacher. he had tinted glasses.. a brown color and he kept switching his glasses back and forth and back and forth, literally.. he would do this every 3-5 minutes with 2 pairs of glasses. i think his eyes were weird..

anyway, that's who i think of when i think of tinted glasses :unsure:

19. softgrey

try thinking of bono B)

20. meowmix

meowmix New Member

a friend of mine had these colorchaning prescription glasses.... when she went into the sunlight or something the glasses would get tinted and become sunglasses