Framed !... The Eyeglasses Thread

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by shoeaddict, Mar 30, 2004.

1. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

love you, dear- but I'm not posting pics of my face online...:ninja:

now that you mention the asian thing, I find that asian brands do design better for an asian face...
    I got some eyewear from an asian brand and as much as I like them, I would say that they are really more suited for a wider face...
    my friend who is Korean always had great glasses so when I lost mine awhile back, she got me a gift certificate for my bday to her usual place...
    frankly, it was really hard for me to even find one pair that even partly worked on me...
    even though the frames were all great/cool...
    I settled on sunglasses cause I knew that I wouldn't want them as my daily frames, but just for now and then...

yes- the struggle is real...
    and it's not just you...

;)

ellastica likes this.
  2. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

My optical shop just started carrying frames from Fabulous Fanny's. I saw a pair that had a square lens on one side, but a circular lens on the other, and I HAD to have them! But, as luck would have it, they were way, way, way too small for my face. And I've been wanting them for weeks now.

When I was 20 years old, I also wanted to be Hennifer Lopez, but guess what?

We don't always get what we want in this world, do we?

Benn98 and fashionista-ta like this.
  3. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ I wonder if the manufacturer has more of a selection than what you're seeing locally?

4. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

^I'm not sure. I went on their website for a brief second, which didn't show me much.

So Warby Parker, it shall be.

(Great. Now I'm on an eyewear kick here at the job, thus ensuring I'll get nothing done before the long weekend.)