Freckle and sun-spot busting products!

nicky25

Reaction score
Does anyone know any good products that would help in clearing freckles and sun spots that come during summer?
I've tried Ole Henriksen products and Clarins but they haven't helped. I have a lot of freckles in my arms as a result of using Johnson and Johnson's holiday skin, which gives a nice tan but in my opinion, messes with your pigmentation.
Any products, ideas would be fabulous!

thanks ^_^:D

I'm bumping this up because I'm looking for something to remove the freckles from my face.

Can anyone suggest a cream?
I've heard there is a laser treatment to remove freckles, has anyone had this done?
What is it called?
How much does it cost?
Is it a dermatologist that does this?

TIA :D

IPL. Intense Pulse Light. It gets rids of freckles, red patches, large pores, lightens pigmentation. It's over $2000. It's usually a series of 5 to 6 times, maybe more depending on your situation. It's not usually a dermatologist who does laser, but laser technicians.

Thank you LetThemEatCake! :D
Have you had it done?

and is that $2000 each time you go?

Self tanners don't cause pigmentation as far as I know, only tanning without SPF? I'm using Holiday Skin these days, and I don't get freckles from that

I've had IPL too... It really is a cure all. All up it could cost 2000 or even more depending on how many times you get it done but I just do it two or three times a year at an average of 150 a pop so its pretty affordable.

In terms of products, Guinot has a whole system that is top notch, and Shiseido and Dior have a good range too, due to their popularity in Asian markets where whitening is very important to women.

Does anyone know any good products that would help in clearing freckles and sun spots that come during summer?
I've tried Ole Henriksen products and Clarins but they haven't helped. I have a lot of freckles in my arms as a result of using Johnson and Johnson's holiday skin, which gives a nice tan but in my opinion, messes with your pigmentation.
Any products, ideas would be fabulous!

thanks ^_^:D

A self tanner shouldn't be giving you any permanent freckles.:huh:
Are you sure they don't come off with a good scrub?...
Or are being caused by real sun exposure?

yes , i meant to clarify. I used that self tanner and then when i was in the sun, it gave me more freckles.. i had a few friends that it happened to as well. The sun here is really harsh so maybe that has something to do with it. But i was reading that using self tanners and then being in the sun alter your pigmentation :(

i've stopped using the self tanner a while ago now, and i use sunscreen all the time now but i can't get rid of the freckles :(

^it has nothing to do with the selftanner, only sun exposure can cause freckles.

^ Ida is right. Freckles are caused by sun exposure for sure.
They might lighten a bit if you keep them protected from the sun but they will only go away with treatments like laser.

I love freckels. I wish I had more... I don't understand why people would want to get rid of them :(

MAMA lotion, which is actually a combination of acids derived from fruit can lighten pigmentation and freckles. It basically is like a very mild chemical peel. But you absolutely must pair it with a high PPD, stable sunscreen. Any of these products make your skin very sensitive to the sun, and if you don't use sunscreen you will get more freckles. Products with hydroquinone can be prescribed or bought, but hydroquinone is a possible cancer causing agent so I would rather go with the MAMA lotion or other products that have mandelic acid in it.

I used the MAMA lotion for some dark areas on my skin, sort of like hyperpigmentation I think, and it did help a bit.

However, I think freckles are really nice! For areas of pigmented skin, and other skin problems you can use the above products, but freckles are too numerous to remove easily don't you think? Plus, they always lend the face a certain youthfulness I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->