Gabriela Hearst F/W 2024.25 New York

Her womenswear doesn’t move me but I would gladly advise any man to buy that brown shearling coat on look 13.

Yes girl, exactly, everyone loves going to a strip club and getting those cool-looking pamphlets on modern slavery at the end of a private dance. The 🧢 alone will stop fashion peeps on their tracks like 'wait a minute, do you mean children are displaced and starving as a result of inequality but the premise of a $12k dress can perfectly coexist with the burden caused by our need for social status if it's all coming from a well-intentioned place? you got it!'.

I actually don't hate this. Very modern American look, I think with a couple of twists this can look very good. I am also very glad to see Saskia de Brauw.

This collection lacks substance, even for Gabriela's standards. The last two looks are completely out of place, they would have worked way better as a part of Hearst's S/S 2023 collection. The rest doesn't really make much sense as a one collection either. I don't know, now she has only one show per season to focus on and yet, there's even less passion than before. At least the lace gowns are really nice.

It isn't bad, less stiff than her usual output but my god is it boring to the core still. And her wearing that cap is out of touch and disingenuous. But that's Gabriela for you though... Or really NYFW at large.

a lot of very out of date ideas here. That knit dress with the holes is giving Amazon.

I like the fur pieces - particularly those fur dresses. Would be great for layering.

Her namesake brand has grown on me, but there's still issues with tailoring and styling.

Ugly shapes and cheap looking fabric

It's easy as hell to be a fashion designer nowdays lol

I started to photoshop that red cap into a MAGA hat, but I wasn't sure whether it should say Make Fashion Great Again or stick with the original, and when the new brim didn't line up perfectly it somehow ended up looking like Madonna cosplaying as a member of the Bloods, so I will just leave you to imagine that because it wasn't worth finishing.

Collection aside, this brand is for limousine liberals by a limousine liberal. The mid 2010s-early 2020s were a fitting time for that strategy, which is maybe why the clothes still look like it was from that era, but feels contrived for today.

Nice setting and presentation though

Definitely her worst collection yet. Normally, I love this style of coat, but I'd rather look at Magda Butrym's offerings, which are flawlessly executed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->