• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Galliano, Westwood help launch fashion "MySpace" - article

I just joined, it's very slow but has the makings of a good community.

I registered yesterday and find it kind of pointless. It's difficult to use and I don't like the layout. :ninja: Maybe it'll improve?

^ I totally agreen with you on the layout! I just visited and signed up today...

one thing i should tell also,is that it doesn't actually have that same kind of nonchalant enviroment as myspace,in that it's just a place where you and your friends can just gab about fashion and trends. it's a serious medium which emphasises talent and talents....you showcase your work,you invite people whom you consider will be interested or vice versa....it's all about networking and getting the word out about yourself and your work.

and btw,there are alot of other really,really prominent personalities on there. it's great that they got Westwood,Galliano,Alber and Maria Luisa but last month Jean-Charles de Castlebajac was a spotlight icon of the month and Walter Van Beirendonck was as well a couple months ago. Zowie Broach has a profile as does one for Boudicca,Charles Anastase,Maria Cornejo,Christian Wijnants....

....Gaspard Yurkievich, Bernhard Willhelm, JoJo Malou... the list does go on a bit

^yup. i just don't want people to,you know,sign up with the mindset that i'm going to be friends with three of the biggest designers in the world and not really get the point of the whole thing. they're there because they are icons but they're also going to judging and picking each month whomever is spotlighted,portraits,for their 15 min. of fame.....

but the whole feel is incredible. i feel like i'm an equal there.

Yes, I do agree that IQONS is really there for a professional capacity more so than a social one...

I loved the people that Castelbajac chose..... very good choices! I just IQONS because somehow these fashion bigwigs, really esteemed professionals will PM me and say they love my blog or something like that....just really random! And yes in that way, it does sort of validate me as a person who may not be a fashion insider but is appreciated by some insiders.... very nice feeling indeed.

Also I use IQONS a lot for checking out new talent and designers for the blog.

I registered yesterday and find it kind of pointless. It's difficult to use and I don't like the layout. :ninja: Maybe it'll improve?

This is what happens when fashion people (i love you guys) design websites. I'm sure they all love the look, but usability totally goes out the window. I can't use the site which is sad because in terms of backing it's the best ones out there.

I work in software development, so it drives me nuts to goto these fashion sites that don't give a flying f*&k about the user experience. Visiting a site shouldn't be so damn painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicochanvinlabeill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->