Getting dressed - easy or difficult?

Well, sometimes less is more. I find I have a hard time finding something to wear if I have too much. Since I live at school, I usually only take a portion of my clothing with me. I'm fine as long as I only take a little, else it can become overbearing to choose. But if the clothes I take with me, even if only a few pieces, aren't a good mix, then that too can make things harder. So really, it's about having a small but good mix of clothing at your disposal. But it depends on the person also - it's much easier if you understand who you are style-wise and don't always change.

Sometimes I have a difficult time finding what to wear depending on the weather and my mood.

i always find it difficult as i have too much choice, so undecisive and the weather lol.. would be easier if my clothes werent allpiled up everywere haha

I fluctuate in size (up & down) when I'm down it's very easy I can just open my closet & pick any outfit & feel great. When I'm up i'm in clothes hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, one thing is already a given- I'll be wearing jeans unless it's a formal function. So it then comes down to what shoes I want to wear or what shirt I want to wear. I usually wear polo shirts. I may even wear a light button-down shirt for some hot days here in Houston. And of course, I'll put on the layers in colder times. I may decide sometimes to wear some accessories. I have a Houston Texans cap, this bucket hat I found in my room, the only wristband I have that hasn't been broken yet, and stuff like that. I may even choose what kind of cologne I'd like to wear. I wear clothing according to the weather. So you're not going to see me wear a sweater on a 95-degree day in Houston. Likewise, I won't be wearing one of my two Houston Texans jerseys on a 70-degree day in Houston (70 degrees is perfect. Not too cold, not too warm).

I am not really at any extreme with my fashion. I can imagine that femmes with deep closets would have a hard time at times figuring out what to wear. You know... so many options, but what options for today? I would probably have the same issue if I had my own big closet of clothes. This especially pertains to lots of clothing choices and not one for a specific day. I don't know what to wear for a specific day. Whatever I want to wear for that day just comes to me unless I have pre-determined what kind of clothes I'd like to wear. For example, there are times where I dress all black- black shirt, black jeans (although fading black jeans), and my black boots. I may even think of wearing a lightweight shirt with more dressy jeans. What I wear just comes to me, just like making my own music or drawing something. That's just me.

I fluctuate in size (up & down) when I'm down it's very easy I can just open my closet & pick any outfit & feel great. When I'm up i'm in clothes hell.

I have this problem too :rolleyes:

^ I guess my whole wardrobe is designed to be a bit forgiving :wink: But there are a few things ...

In general, though, it is super easy to get dressed ... if it's not, I take it as a call to action that my wardrobe isn't working ...

to me, it is mostly easy. my style is very effortless chic, and i wear whatever my mood is that day and depending on the weather. i do shop a lot so there are a lot of options. it is important to buy staple pieces so you can alternate and coordinate with whatever item / look you feel inspired by.

It depends on my mood.
On some days I wake up knowing exactly what I want to wear, yet on other days I can't think of a single combination that would work and no matter what I try on, it just doesn't seem to look right. Usually I'm already in a bad mood on those days, hence the indicisiveness, but not being able to come up with a nice outfit tends to make matters even worse. I'd rather skip those days...

^ To me it's like cooking :wink: You have your go-to dishes/outfits that you know always work. Then sometimes, the piece you need for the outfit you had in mind is at the cleaners, & then necessity is the mother of invention ... this just happened to me, I couldn't get my stuff from the cleaners as they closed for the entire 4th weekend, so I came up with a new outfit I've never worn before (and the blouse worked great with the skirt!). Same thing when I'm cooking if I'm missing some ingredients & don't feel like going to the store, I have to get creative & invent something from what's on hand :chef:

well i guess it depends. if you have a lot of clothes and you all love them it's no problem. the same as if you have a small, compact garderobe, but if you love all the pieces - again, no problem. but as soon as you have to much 'normal' or 'i dont REALLY like it' stuff in there, its hard! im very happy with my small but lovely garderobe (from which i almost love everything) - okay it can grow with more wonderfull pieces ofcourse!

getting dressed was hard for me this wkd at my family reunion. I wore a cute headband to perform at our talent show with a vest and cute off jeans.I wore some cut off jeans and a few cute grundgy shirts and people just kept on commenting on me all wkd. Poking my headband and calling me pocahontas or Lord of the rings( that was kinda funny). But when they would say I need to hire a stylist I would look at their PLAIN jeans and Plain ars t-shirt and feel satisfied to myself.
Iekeliene strange said it best ; society must have more fun when getting dressed. People (like my extended family I guess) need to open up to the world more and not be so uptight. That's no fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->