Gianfranco Ferré "In the mood for Love" Fragrance : Magdalena by Steven Meisel

i don't get "in the mood for love" from this, i guess that's my biggest problem with this ad, well that and magdalena :lol: it's a pretty shot, but i'm not fond of it personally. It's coming off pretty random to me so maybe the commercial will make the print ad more relevant and hold some cohesiveness to the "In the mood for love" title.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't get "in the mood for love" from this, i guess that's my biggest problem with this ad, well that and magdalena :lol: it's a pretty shot, but i'm not fond of it personally. It's coming off pretty random to me so maybe the commercial will make the print ad more relevant and hold some cohesiveness to the "In the mood for love" title.

I didn't pay attention to the title actually & yeah I don't get nothing "in the mood for love" from this either ... I don't know if there will be a commercial, because I really want to feel "the mood for love" from this :lol:

according to dna's newsletter it was shot by steven meisel.

i guess that would make sense, since he shot the mainline this season.

Steven Meisel is the photographer.

Source: dnamodels.com

Wow, one of the few fragrance campaigns Meisel has shot :flower:

Thanks for the info ^_^

I like it very fresh and sunny yet edge is present... a twist; very meisel...

I'm so surprised it was shot by Meisel... This use of lighting is not very typical of him nowadays... She looks beautiful.

a bit too cheezy, but still very beautiful and fresh

The bottle is a sculptural artwork itself. Stunning.

'In The Mood For Love' reminds me of that gorgeous Wong Kar Wai movie with Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung... so when I read the title, I expected to see something very heavy with opulence, romance, seduction and bestial lust even. This is too clean and fresh... I guess it isn't bad, but just not what I expected

I expected something like this I guess...

in_the_mood_for_love_0015-711382.jpg

in-the-mood-for-love7.jpg

in_the_mood_for_love1.jpg

PS: I also hope they paid something to the songwriter Bryan Ferry for the right to use the title of his song, or whoever wrote that song, which had also been the inspiration for the movie's title.

www.norwegianwood.com.au
elletea.files.wordpress.com
egemavisi.blogspot.com

^^The fact that the fragrance is called 'In The Mood Love' might have nothing to do with the movie of the same title. So it makes sense so me that the campaign does not have the same feel as the movie.

^^The fact that the fragrance is called 'In The Mood Love' might have nothing to do with the movie of the same title. So it makes sense so me that the campaign does not have the same feel as the movie.

Of course not: I just associate that name with the movie subconsciously since I love the movie so much, that is why I was surprised to see an ad so diff. in its look and inspiration.

It is not a reasonable thing of course. The ad itself is lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->