Giles S/S 08 London

style_expert

Reaction score
r3223736819.jpg
r3888089514.jpg

news yahoo

Last edited by a moderator:
If the whole collection is anything like that second dress then Im tuning in. The model wearing it looks very very very angry.

:buzz:

I was waiting for THIS the whole day. :bounce:

It looks great so faar,cant wait to see more and collection in full.But seems very romantic with an edge,judging by these first pieces,and LOVE the hats. :wub:

this is not what i was expecting

it looks like the love child of Louis Vuitton s/s 07 and the last few seasons of Givenchy exploded on the runway

the video makes it look a lot better. the first few pics in the thread just seem to be the wildest stuff in the collection. and i looooooooove the music, its haunting

still, the first dress looks like the prom version of this one from Givenchy couture s/s 07
00230m.jpg

style

Wow I was definitely not expecting this, so soft and feminine, im not a big fan of pale pink myself but these dresses are really pretty especially the one on Stam :heart:and i love all the little hats! excited to see more:D

Very interesting! I like most of the pieces so far...very fairy tale!

The music is great, especially the first song. The second song was used in Dior HC SS 07 and I've always wanted to know the name of it, too!

What a delightfully diverse and beautiful collection.This was EXTREMELY good,specially after all the dreadful and disappointing collections from London S/S 08 FW!

Loved all the beautiful Romantic colours and fabrics,the tailoring was exceptional some cuts were reminescent of Alaia.All the detailes on the dresses were heavenly and the mixed materials looked stunning.The use and expiriment of volume was the biggest strenght of this collection,imo,very well done.Hats,shoes,hair and make up was complimentary to the clothes,but i cant wait to see the detailes.Hopefully we will get Hqs aswell,i am dying to see it all up close.I also think that Giles found a great balance between being inspired by other designers and straight ripping them off ala Matthew Williamson.etc.There was many subtle refference's to Alber,Alexander,Hussein.etc but done in his own way.The presentation was perfect,music set a greet platform for the feel of the clothes and entire collection,casting was very good(Carmen closing the show in that beautiful black dress was divine!)everything just clicked.His best collection to date,he is very talented and i am looking forward to his future work.

Now all i wanna do is put on one of those Rose Dragee dresses on,and go for a wallk in Paris.^_^:heart:

Style Expert thanks for posting the pictures and video link.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->