Giles S/S 09 London

When I first saw the crazy helmets I thought this isnt going to be good just shocking but alll in all its a really strong collection from Giles:D, love all the colored mini dress, and those floral jacquard swing dresses are really beautiful:heart: and of course some killer evening gowns

i usually dont like giles at all, but i can live with this it isnt too bad, someone said it looked like a ny collection with headpieces which i kind of agree with..

^ cute :lol:
I like the collection, most of pieces are very nice and wearable (if you leave helmet at home)

i like it a lot, and the Pac-man thing is hilarious & just makes me love it more

i like the pacman details and i enjoy seeing fun prints in his designs.

i wonder if most of the models ever heard of pacman before this runway show?? they are so you and pacman was pretty much gone by the time they were born!

And someday I'd really love it if he found it in himself to make a coherent collection of clothes, not a random assortment of stuff.
I dont think that is a bad thing, specially with Giles.Does every collection have to be "coherent" or have a clear theme running through?Not imo, i think this is a beautiful collection.

Giles is making me like him more with each collection.I love the prints, even silly pacman ones, and i love how the mood is not set here, he goes from chic to sexy to whimsical all in one collection.He managed to be creative and have fun yet again.:heart:

Take away the helmets (old Hussein Chalayan) and it's just an ordinary NYFW type of collection, with references from all over the place. He's such an over-hyped designer, like Christophere Kane.

was about to say the same ......
pretty much disappointed ......... :huh::angry:
and i can't even laugh at the pacman's dress on stam. and you know i love funny things .... at least, god does .... ^_^
but there .... it's just not happening for me.... not even this pacman dress. and god knows i would like to love it....

sorry god for all the "god knows" .... :wink:

and wanted to add : 90% sure that if Jeremy would do that, 80% of you wouldn't like it and go for a "gross ... ouh bad jeremy" .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Giles gets better with each season, I liked the idea last season, but somehow the clothes just didn't fit and the inspired pieces unfortunately turned out to be the least successful. I think this collection although at times irreverant is a cleaner more focused vision of the Giles woman.

I dont think that is a bad thing, specially with Giles.Does every collection have to be "coherent" or have a clear theme running through?Not imo, i think this is a beautiful collection.

Giles is making me like him more with each collection.I love the prints, even silly pacman ones, and i love how the mood is not set here, he goes from chic to sexy to whimsical all in one collection.He managed to be creative and have fun yet again.:heart:
Without coherency, can it really be called a collection?

I don't mind if every now and then a designer sends out a line that doesn't have an overriding mood, theme or story to tell. But when all a designer does is an assortment of pieces that, from beginning to end, have no coherency at all I have to wonder if that designer is even capable of doing a collection. I have yet to see him do that.

Beyond that I just think it's important for a designer to approach design with coherency in mind because without the collection sending some sort of message, you can't know what that designer is all about. I still don't know what Giles has to say, what his "look" or ideal customer is. I just know that he loves extreme details, but is that enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
he is obviously trying to sell clothes this time, nice work.

i know it shouldnt... mainly because the presentation in general is a lot more radical and less product-centered, but i get such a strong gucci (as in frida's gucci) vibe from this!!
and i kinda like it :blush:

vvvv...disappointing.....if you notice, most people are just talking about the hats!.....an obvious gimmick to distract from the mish-mash of old collections references in this collection....doesn't fit with the mood of London either....everyone else was more upbeat and positive.....in this i see suffering......

LOve it!:heart::D i personally think that the patterns are interesting and flattering!!:flower: and the prints are so much fun!:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->