Giorgio Armani S/S 2004 - Milan

Astrid21

Reaction score
Way too many pictures to post. :wacko: I'll just post my faves from the show.

black and white again?

sure there are some good ideas there, but Armani tends to bore me soooo much, he did b&w for winter, full of stripes etc.
I mean... what's new Giorgio? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 1st, 2003 - 6:49 am
black and white again?

sure there are some good ideas there, but Armani tends to bore me soooo much, he did b&w for winter, full of stripes etc.
i totally agree Lena, some designers can get away with black&white season after season, but Giorgio is just becoming far too boring now :rolleyes:

:glare: i had to go through his whole collection, all 100+ looks of it, due to my incurrable professionalism, well it's probably the most boring thing of the season... :doh:

It's alright. I've never been a fan. I have to agree with what everyone has said - black and white again??? Stripes again? And whatever they have on their heads look like those aviator hates he had last time too!

Originally posted by Acid+Oct 1st, 2003 - 4:12 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acid @ Oct 1st, 2003 - 4:12 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Oct 1st, 2003 - 6:49 am
black and white again?

i totally agree Lena, some designers can get away with black&white season after season, but Giorgio is just becoming far too boring now :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
agreed.

so dull, so done, so but i never liekd his style , but this also seems a bit trashy

it seems so old.

i am not into this collection.

too much is going on with too little thought. it seems like an 80's resort wear collection. :innocent:

Originally posted by lele@Oct 1st, 2003 - 9:57 am
yep agree rather boring
Does he understand the concept of "color"? There is more to fashion then just shades!! :wink:

I have one question: where are the photos from ? Can You give me a link ?

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 1st, 2003 - 7:49 am
black and white again?

He always does the same things,I think he is the most overrated designer :huh:

Thanks for posting the collection Astrid!

We all seem to find the Armani collection dull and boring, indeed it also reminds me of a resort collection from the 80s, the sort of thing I used to see in my mum's Freemans catalogues a while back.

I leafed through a fashion book about Armani once, when I was in Foyles bookshop in London and could not find an exciting thing on any page, I promptly replaced the book.

I don't visit the shows, I really wish I could, I may be able to see some intrinsic beauty in his designs if I saw them close up and saw how they moved on the model. I know he has a famous and loyal following, and he's been around for many years. What is the Armani secret? His clothes are not awful, yet never outstanding or certainly never adventurous or witty. When I visit Sloane Street for illustration inspiration, Armani is more often than not the shop I bypass...onward to Tods!! :P

I'm sure there are many who would disagree, and see him as brilliant, which in no doubt he is, but wouldn't it be cool if he decided to shock us with something, with just a hint of colour! :wink: The big hat is the only thing I like, but I love big hats!

I'm really enjoying the Milan photos so far! :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by Petti@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 12:53 pm
I have one question: where are the photos from ? Can You give me a link ?
sure piti* try here or here for a detailed look at all the pret-a-porter shows :flower:

I think the biggest attribute people have equated him with is being a brilliant tailor. I see nothing more besides the occasional beaded dress or two. Really,I don't know what the fuss is about either. So you're a good tailor? Big deal. So are a number of other designers who also happens to more into what they're doing besides 'naked' fluid suits.

I think his name and his legacy,mainly,keeps the customers aflock.

yeah... i think armani is boring this season
stripes again
and anyway, where are the big names?
did he have beyonce performing anyway?
but no big name models are there, right?
that's just fully weird!
nothing exciting about the show

Originally posted by tortoisie@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 5:16 pm

and anyway, where are the big names?
did he have beyonce performing anyway?
that was at his "emporio" less expensive line :wink:

Big names? Well Sophia Loren is usually front-row center. As is(or at last season she was),Tina Turner and Lauren Hutton. Funnily,Jodie Foster is probably his biggest celebrity client yet I never see her at any of his shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"