Giorgio Armani Prive Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

this is truly beautiful collection. Love the fabrics and pattern - when Armani uses asian inspiration, he always doe his best... but, have to say, it looks more spring/summery to me than Fall Couture

Love the inspiration and almost all of the outfits! Beautiful collection!

but, have to say, it looks more spring/summery to me than Fall Couture
Yeah, there is something about this collection that gives it a spring/summer vibe. But, there's far too much black in it for spring & summer.

Thanks for the video, Flashbang. Just like last season's gemstone-inspired collection, this collection looks better on video than in pictures. I wonder if we'll see any of these gowns at the Emmys or even at next year's Golden Globes.

I love these two looks:

the celebrity city via chiara92

I really don't like the way they used Asian elements. This is remniscent of Asian bedsheets and curtains with a little bit of Asian p*rnstar apparel. I've never seen respectable Asian women dress like this.

I strongly dislike this collection. There's nothing elegant about it. And he's gone from subtle and elegant use of Asian influences to over-the-top garish. :yuk:

^I agree. Beautifully incorporated Asian influences is what he had before this collection.

this is such gawjuss collection. best hc that i have seen so far. very armani, great architecture, beautifully executed collection.

This collection is so beautiful that doesn't even look like Armani!

It's really quite stunning. It looks so well put together and so absolutely classy.

Beautiful and elegant as always.. Im so glad he experimented with colors like orange.. Armani = Perfection.

Armani really dominated this season, it's so incredibly sharp and the frosty oranges, faint pinks and black nail it.

this is quite refreshing from a usually very conservative designer.

Love it love it love it to bits. It seems it has some japanese influences, which perfectly meshes with the Armani aesthetic. I love everything, even the styling is quite good.

Im surprised of how sexy the looks are (and Im talking about Armani!)

I really love how much he's been playing with color - real color - in his Privé collections. For someone so famous for using griege, navy and black he really does know his way around brights, and he doesn't seem at all tentative when using them.

I don't know that I love this as much as I ended up loving his last collection, but it's still gorgeous. I think it's the really long, lean lines that speak to me the most. Some of the gowns, however, aren't up to his usual standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->