Giorgio Armani Prive Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

I hate the whole oriental look with a passion, it always looks so overly exaggerated and banal. TBH I always associate Oriental collections with a lack of inspiration/ideas (LV SS11). I really don't care for Armani Prive or Armani and this collection will not make me change my mind anytime soon.

I hate the whole oriental look with a passion, it always looks so overly exaggerated and banal. TBH I always associate Oriental collections with a lack of inspiration/ideas (LV SS11). I really don't care for Armani Prive or Armani and this collection will not make me change my mind anytime soon.
Really? Orientalism (in this case Chinoiserie and Japonisme) is more banal or predictable than any other widely used, constantly recurring trend?

It may not be the most exciting thing, but at least the results are almost always pretty to look at.

Really? Orientalism (in this case Chinoiserie and Japonisme) is more banal or predictable than any other widely used, constantly recurring trend?

It may not be the most exciting thing, but at least the results are almost always pretty to look at.

I agree that this collection is very beautiful, but I still hold my opinion on Oriental Collections in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I wasn't trying to get you to change your opinion, I was simply questioning the strangeness of saying that Asian-inspired collections are the result of having a lack of inspiration.

^ I wasn't trying to get you to change your opinion, I was simply questioning the strangeness of saying that Asian-inspired collections are the result of having a lack of inspiration.

I just believe it's too specific a reference to really create something original. In a mild way it's more costume-esque then prêt-à-porter. And like the Orient, Space Age/Extreme Futurism is the same being that it's too out of place to have a natural home on the street. Maybe I just feel this way because I don't like it, but I would never wear it or suggest it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the versatility mr. armani shows with his prive line bouncing effortlessly from the fetishistic to the forties to the futuristic and now to the far east. much like his american peer, ralph lauren, did for fall/winter ready-to-wear, he's learned to synthesize timely reference points into creations that look remarkably his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->