Givenchy F/W 2021.22 by Thibaut Grevet

ChicSaks

Reaction score
2021-08-01-Da-Man-140.jpg

DA MAN Magazine

UK Elle Digital Edition | DA MAN Digital Edition

Last edited:
Matthew Williams Givenchy is in some hot water. Matthew/Virgil/Kim Jones type buyers are pretty much only interested in the footwear which has flopped at Givenchy.

ALYX probably garners more interest to be honest

This is cold and dead on arrival.

Does anyone care about Givenchy anymore?

Matthew better spice it up or he has 2 years left. The images look like some "edgy" brands from NYC or Berlin.

I miss Clare so much, bring back class and Meisel please.

It is so obvious that the clothing isn't a focus now because it isn't selling, which is why they're pushing the accessories, but seriously this is so mundane. It looks like content generated exclusively to be "shopped" from Instagram posts.

LVMH really made a mistake in appointing him, and with each disastrous collection and campaign, he proves how unsuited he is for the position...

UK Vogue Digital Edition

UK GQ Digital Edition

The positioning of the logo is just as awkard as the clothes and accesories...

That image of the model(sorry, i'm no longer good with models these days) in the body sleeve dress made me lol. It's very Alexander Wang in the early 2000s. The other image looks like a Kanye West merch image or album release. Speaking of Kanye West, that shoe image looks like it should be from the Gap/kanye west collab.

The accessories will not sell because the brand holds no weight and seems to have lost both their luxury and street credibility. I'd rather buy some Riccardo Givenchy on the resell market, which I have of late.

4C1EFDEA-E489-4FF7-AD69-2B75C4BB7D26.jpeg

+Meadow Walker by Thibault Grevet.

Source DNA Models blog.

although I’m not a fan of the ad campaign so far (don’t think it will change much…) for some reason I’m willing to give Matthew an opportunity.
I did like his last collection, his new variation of the Antigona bag is good and I also like the Givenchy chain.

his aesthetic is rather clear and I also like it.
he’s not going to be Tisci and he shouldn’t.

+ Adut Akech

+ Steinberg

ig/givenchyofficial

I like Adut’s shot a lot.

it’s a bit of a random cast isn’t it?
also, I hope there are duo’s or at least a couple of group shots. I think they always look great when an ad campaign is multi, models, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->