Givenchy F/W 11.12 : Naomi, Natalia, Kristen, Mariacarla & Rob by Mert & Marcus

i must say, i am quite dissapointed as the campaign turned to be very boring... they had 4 amazing female models and they've just put the on the pillows and made them growl... am quite surprised to see how bored MCB looks... my fav is Naomi... I think Kristen is great too but they tend to make her over to the extend when she does not really look like herself... but she is my second fav here... I think what makes her stand out here is the choice of clothes...

This campaign is silly. It does its job but I just can't take it seriously.

8pY99.jpg

Go6a4.jpg

she.com.tw

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling this at all
It's just silly and all over the place,the awkward poses doesn't emphasise the rawness of the clothes and cheapens the whole concept of the image

Maria Carla's are surprisingly lacklustre! If was was expecting anyone to blow fiieerrrcceee above and beyond the water, it was her. Even her pose is the same.

Its a shame really..

i think the snarling is just so much more effective in motion...

They chose that shot for MCB? What happened to the hair-whipping and all that?

I too think the campaign ended up looking just silly, more than anything else. Watching the video, it does look much, much better in motion to see everyone growling and acting out. But in stills it comes off very stiff, fake, weird and unappealing.

Naomi has the most exhilarating presence here. Everyone seems to praise Mariacarla, although I find her shots the weakest, due to her expressions. Something simple as to be lounging on a cushion, produces captivating campaign images.

I'm in general dissapointed with this campaign, they have everything to make this EPIC,
but they didn't.
Even tho I adore Mariacarla's shots, the other models let me down, specially Natalia.
Mariacarla & Evan saved this campaign for me. Naomi did a good job too, but not like she
use to do it.

this is a very messy campaign. i dont stand y models have to open their mouths and mcb pose is totally off.

if u want to use shots of models with their mouths open at least use the right models eg coco, she looks good and natural with her mouth open.

This is a big waste of Maria Carla, I can't believe Ricardo let this happen. When you look at the video they all look fierce and intense, MCB the first. But the final shots looks really stiff and almost ridiculous. There's no emotion, no intensity. Only Kristen and the male models work it for me. Naomi as well, mainly for her body and stare 'cause her mouth looks a little bit weird. As for Natalia, she looks more tired and lazy than sensuous.
They had a goldmine from the cast to the concept, but they simply shot themselves in the foot. I'm still looking forward to the group shots but I can't help but think how exciting these could've been in print. Now It will just be if only...

if u want to use shots of models with their mouths open at least use the right models eg coco, she looks good and natural with her mouth open.
Well I love Coco, but I think that's the only thing she can do with her mouth, 98% of her pics she has her mouth opened, and TBH she can never look as "fierce" hate that word
as MCB or Naomi

Natalia's is the weakest, imo.

Kristen's, Mariacarla's & Naomi's are atleast bearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
regbijs123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->