Givenchy F/W 11.12 : Naomi, Natalia, Kristen, Mariacarla & Rob by Mert & Marcus

I think Naomi & Kristen will be in eyewear shot together, in the video you can see them posing together. I just can't wait to see more shots.

So Givenchy I love it, Kristen shots is on fire:heart:, love her in that yellow outfit and shes just ferocious without even trying to be:DI like Natalias too mostly for the outfit.

I love Natalia but her mouth looks a bit awkward in her shot.. though I definitely see the sensuality in her pose. The pillow is divine ^_^ and I want to see Naomi's shoes properly :smile:

Definitely more than sympathy for the devil. There may have been a couple of mags before the Manson murder that had more satanism than this, but I don't think it's been widely seen in fashion photography after 1970.

I like it. A little overly obvious - some models (Kristen) work better than others, but they all look sick and possessed by HIM.

Last edited by a moderator:
^where have been satanism in fashion ? i can`t recall. only "bapteme en diable" by richardson with coco rocha in vogue paris

^where have been satanism in fashion ? i can`t recall. only "bapteme en diable" by richardson with coco rocha in vogue paris

Well also some Vogue Paris story by Richardson featuring Lily Donaldson. Not all that common in ads, though.

This may be my favourite campaign of the sesaon, simply for the direction. I'm not completely sold on the result, but it is really good.
I expected something really sensual almost erotic, and they did it perfectly in a wicked way. The video is beyond amazing. I can't wait to see MCB's shot and the group ones.

Jonathan's name is missing from the title of the thread.

I'm with the majority in only liking Kristen's shot so far, it seems. I found last season's campaign much more subtle than this and all the better for it.

The starkness of the last campaign and the facial expressions and the overlaid images of the models all worked really wonderfully together. I noticed everything at once. By contrast, in these shots all I find myself looking at is the growls that look more like grimaces.

Mariacarla:wub:

Go6a4.jpg

she.com.tw

I'm not liking the eyewear campaign (sp?). She doesn't look as fierce, she looks bored :unsure:

I do like the first one :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, now when we saw most of the images, I can state that Rob Evans owns this campaign for me. He´d be the one with the most convincing growl, the rest of them look forced.

Even MCB´s shot (and she was a killer in the video), doesn´t do that much for me, it all ended up bland or silly looking.

Finally, MCB! But I have to say I'm very disappointed. I hate her expression in the first shot and how her head is tilted downwards, causing her to lose her neck. Her lips look as if they have collagen injected.

Same goes for the second shot. She's not even growling, her mouth is just opened and her face is lacking any emotions and tension.

Having seen the behind the scenes video, this campaign had potential, but unfortunately, it was executed poorly. I understand if they were trying to convey a different feeling/emotion for each model's growl, but they look pathetic. Their mouths are just opened waiting to catch flies. The only exceptions are Rob and Jonathan's.

This campaign is anything but jaw dropping.

i'm just surprised as to WHY they picked these specific shots to be released. from the BTS video there seem to have been way superior shots everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->