Givenchy F/W 2023.24 Paris

A desperate collection. There are either relatively ok pieces destroyed by the vile fit or some random streetwear trash thrown right in the middle of the show. The fish motif was also super random, not to mention its execution. I'm curious who styled the show, because it felt like a massive regress in that regard.

The worst thing about Williams is that he has no will of learning any skills when it comes to the craft. And he works for a couture maison.

I mean, it’s better than his last womenswear collection but that bar was so low that anything would’ve been better. Some looks are not bad and seem adequate but I have a feeling he hasn’t really accomplished much or made a distinct voice for himself at Givenchy.

Honestly, I thought it was a solid collection - maybe because the bar was low and it did feel a bit like Raf's Dior at times. Hiring Carine to style was a great choice. 10 looks could have been edited out but overall, I found a lot of the looks to be more desirable than previous shows - even the bags. Overmono as the soundtrack helped the show experience.

Perfect clothes to buy on sales or at the Givenchy outlet. Some designs just for the shows, others for the museums and for Williams, it’s for the outlet.
The minidress with the embroidered flowers is cute, very beautiful tho.
Carine did good even if she should have convinced him to remove the Streetwear part.

There are some decent looks, but overall it's still all over the place like his usual outings.

This reminded me of that Paris - NY collection by Clare. Super confusing, in terms of the offering, the streetwear should have been left out because it's drag down what could have been solid. Ironically his streetwear is always horrible for a designer that focuses on it.
He should leave out neon green and pink looks. They look horrible, and that combo of that green transparent dress with that faux-fur coat is vile. He shouldn't do faux fur if he can make it look desirable.
His dressmaking skills are still so weak, those voluminous looks don't look good in motion.
Carine tried her best but even a good stylist can only do so much. You need good clothes first.

Good luck, trying to convince Bernard to mention you or Givenchy in his next financial report.

Overall its pretty solid , I liked it.

Is Givenchy selling well? I see a lot of men wearing the branded t-shirts and backpacks, but I wonder if there's broad appeal for the women's RTW and accessories.

Is Givenchy selling well?

It is not, the brand is not even mentioned in the reports of LVMH. Their menswear has been selling better than womenswear for years now, it was like that even during the tenure of Clare Waight Keller. Generally, they may scale the brand down sooner than later because of the results.

I think it was a very cohese and solid offer and to be honest the type of clothing I expected him to do from the beginning. apart from that streetwear nonsense in the middle, I liked a lot of it.

maybe he finally found his ground and a little pressure, probs from the suits, had helped him to be get more grounded.

The were some interesting outwear pieces, but again it was all over the place, the random fish, the streetwear could’ve all gone… Also the ill fitting dresses at the end was just poor for a haute couture house…

I saw pieces that reminded me of Loewe and Balenciaga for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->