Givenchy F/W 2015.16 Paris

Can he please get over these piercings? It was a cool trick two years ago, but now it just makes the models look freaking ugly.

Honestly I enjoyed far more than last season. I still hate that his range of influences is limited and there's a lot of rehashes again, but this time it felt much more put-together, well-tailored, sensual, luxurious and desirable for the most part.

what is nowfashion even doing? i wanna see the final looks!

anyway, i think it's a pretty solid collection for riccardo. Nothing particularly new, but the outerwear (save for the horrible fur monstruosities) and the dresses are amazing. the dark pieces overall are great, i could do without the printed ones (they somehow look cheap? while the embellished, corseted coats and jackets look extremely luxurious) and some things here and there. The teenage goth in me will always fall for riccardo's more 'gothic' collections.

Can he please get over these piercings? It was a cool trick two years ago, but now it just makes the models look freaking ugly.

Honestly I enjoyed far more than last season. I still hate that his range of influences is limited and there's a lot of rehashes again, but this time it felt much more put-together, well-tailored, sensual, luxurious and desirable for the most part.

Wiretapping my mind? Stole my comment verbatim.

So now I can lazily say, x 2.

The missing looks. Not a fan of yet more religious prints, but the last look is everything. I'm dying for the sleek pants with the embellished, voluminous jacket

nowfashion.com

He's been using those extreme skin ornaments for about 8 years now, I'd say it's recurrent in his work just like veils, frills and even the makeup and hair preference. I like that he goes back and forth with the things he's into no matter how specific they are, more than just a trick I think these elements of his aesthetic tend to be the strongest part of his collections and it's sad that even when they are in every single look like in this show, it's usually just one thing and a good chunk of the rest is trying too many ways to be 'catchy' in this commercial way that makes him create pieces meant to wear you and not the other way around, and for the same reason they expire as soon as the next collection comes around.. he's so much better than that.

Also I have to confess he overdid the celebrity thing for me, now I see his prints and dresses and see kim kardashian in that, and pouting :lol:, and have to immediately shake that image off my head and focus.. ugh.

I think it's a beautiful, luxurious and dark take on what I guess is gypsy culture. Some very solid pieces, some lack a bit of vision, but overall it's good.

That said, when will the meandering runway trend finally go away? There is absolutely no time to look at the designs. Not only from a camera view, but the audience had to refrain from blinking in order to not miss anyhting. I find it exhausting and pointless. Bring back the long runway!

I didn't like the set and the make up, but i think i'm gonna dream the red dress in the ending. In video looked AMAZING, nice collection

https://www.youtube.com/user/FatalefashionIII

I really like this collection so many good pieces. Whatever's going on with the models faces is very distracting.

i like the prints the most, really wish he'd used more colour though. some of those black dresses are extremely boring

an italian editor friend on instagram called this 'zingara victoriana'
which translates to Victorian Gypsy...
:heart:...

the quality of the workmanship is just breathtaking...
love all the damask...
gloriously dark and glamourous...

Rather like a lot of collections in Paris this season, I thought this was solid but far from astounding. I really like the simpler looks like the black jackets at the beginning and the sculpted shoulder of the pieces at the end.

The peacock (?) print was far less successful and luxurious than the butterfly motif he did last F/W.

Last season felt like Givenchy for H&M so he had nowhere to go but up. It's a lot softer and not over the top yet it still has just enough fashion, It was good.

Very Gaultier. Not memorable and not his best.
I do like the red long sequined dress. Some of the cuts looks dated. A lot of good things but not a strong collection for me.
I hate to do those simple parallels but it's very weird to see how boring were all those "Instagram-fame hungry" designers such as Riccardo & Olivier were this season.

there are some luscious things here, in terms of both tailoring, e.g.
http://imgbox.com/LzDU2L3R
and in terms of dressier garments: both peacocks and ruffles! i love this dress :woot:
http://imgbox.com/SsOhYyY1
but other parts of the collection i like less (e.g., dresses over velvet pants seems passé), and even though i know the facial accessories are emblematic by now, i do find them distracting at times.

I actually like the collection, face accessories and hair!! :heart:

The beginning and end were great, I love when Riccardo does his goth style. Everything else is alright, nothing special. I hate the hair and piercings. I feel like Riccardo has peaked, he used to do these great romantic goth collections and now he just does whatever because he's to busy trying to be a celebrity and hang out with all the tabloid cool people to actually focus on designing.

I think if you view this collection on its own, it's quite nice. But within the context of Tisci's body of work, it's been done to death.

He's just over-hyped beyond repair at this point. Literally all you can expect from Givenchy every season is a $1000 printed cotton sweatshirt. Stars, Bettie Page, Bambi, butterflies, and now...peacock feathers :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->