Givenchy F/W 2015.16 Paris

To me it looks a bit back-to-basics. I see Tisci paying his respects to the house of Givenchy with the emphasis on cut as well as the well known use of black. Half of the collection I dont care for, but the ones that I like, the black ones and a couple of the dresses, most definitively bring something to the plate.

Finally something new from Riccardo! I really like some pieces

I wonder if perhaps he's biding his time... is there another major fashion house departure/appointment on the horizon?

But didn't he just renew his contract? Either way, it's all getting way too stale for me.

Even though this is kind of signature Riccardo, I sort of love it. Even though there's a lot of detail and texture it actually feels really focused somehow. Sure it's familiar, sure he's been down this route before in some way or another, but it's undeniably him.

Honestly the only thing I can say I don't like is the facial ornamentation. I get it and all, I just don't think this was the best iteration of that idea he's ever done. Clothing wise I don't really have any complaints. It's nice to see him pulling away a bit from the street in favor of something less aggressive/more sexy these last few seasons.

Didn't really like it, nothing really stood out for me and the beauty look was just too distracting + OTT.

black-and-white-esther-horror-movie-orphan-Favim.com-354022.jpg

favim

Esther's finally all grown up and decided to get a piercing! C'mon Oprhan realness!

The facial ornaments stole the attention from the collection. Givenchy is a clothing house not a piercing shop. With that said, it saddens me that they had to gimmick it out to make this collection interesting. Crop the faces and here you have a lackluster of a collection. It's not bad, but it's definitely disappointing compared to seasons past. I like the dark mood but there's just something missing with the clothes. To me, it feels rushed and undone. I also think that the setting didn't add to the drama of the clothes. I think with a better set + lighting, it could've been spectacular. But everything else felt bland.

"At Givenchy, Riccardo Tisci gave the show of his life – powerful and tender, rich and brave – it was a sumptuous summing up of his ten years at the house.

There to join him in a show space dotted with pinball machines and a runway red carpet were the perpetual fashion couple Kim and Kanye, plus Katy Perry, Jessica Chastain, and so many more.
But for once, all eyes were not on the front row, instead they were on Riccardo’s runway, which mixed with exceptional dexterity three separate elements: Parisian perfection, British Victoriana, and Mexican chola street gangs – with a stylised version of their jewellery accessorising the show in an alarming but mesmerising way.

“The girls from Mexico are very stylish and very Latin – which I love,” said the Italian Tisci. “I am obsessed with street style – it’s my aesthetic. And I was always obsessed with Victoriana. So many other designers have done it – but I found my way.”
The result was an underlying combination of sexuality – with corsets built into little black dresses – and menace, with glittering ear pieces and nose rings where ruby coloured stones looked like drops of blood.
The tailoring traced the body so closely that it fulfilled Tisci’s comment that “couture has taught me a lot.” But not all the pieces were the fitted-like-a-glove trouser suit, its jacket sprinkled with sparkles; nor the rich red velvet dress with a portrait neckline and the corset strips creating a tiny waistline.
There was also plush fur, in different shades of blood red; peacock patterns, straight out of an Art Nouveau decor, but with the intensity of digital printing.
On the feet throughout were Victorian ankle boots of the kind that were undone slowly, seductively, by loose women in an era when a glimpse of stocking was something shocking.

In his decade at Givenchy, Tisci has done his fair share of shocking, by bringing the street style of sweatshirts and sportswear into a classic couture house. After the destruction has come an edgy new beauty. It produced a show that will linger like a fine perfume in the fashion air." - Suzy Menkes

It was ok. Not his strongest collection, VERY weak compared to the last two seasons. The piercings were heavily distracting.

I agree with the comments about how the collection itself is lovely but the moustache piercings (particularly the black ones) are quite distracting. I love the wet curls look though (FKA Twigs anyone? :smile: )

Clothes are generally nice, facial decorations and that thing they did with the hair are making me cringe, worst I've seen this year.

Apart from those eye-catching facial drama, the collection is truly fabulous! I am quite a fan of his Victorian-chola style this season, and it's good to see no graphic printed sweatshirts on show, in return, there are plenty of mixture intextiles, flocking frock, tonal black/wine in velvet and flocked chiffon, and the body con fitted tailor jackets with fur and feather trims, double lined velvet hem...its the return of the craftsmanship Tscci introduced during 2007-2009, and he makes a little twist with make up and the proportion up to the shin with boots, these make the celebration to his 10th yr in house of Givenchy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->