Givenchy Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

I love how every look is just more beautiful than another, it's like an essence of couture put in these ten gorgeous pieces :wub:

Though I must admit the presentation doesn't really fulfill my expectations so far. I was expecting something more mood and dramatic like F/W 05 or S/S 06 HC shows. Anyway, it's still amazing, already one of the favourites of the whole season!

Last edited by a moderator:
That dress on Natasha... just wow. Beautiful collection.

This is drop gorgeous!
All the gown are absolutely breathtaking...even if they resemble Marchesa/Zuhair Murad a bit...maybe too many embellishments for Givenchy

I definitely like this collection more than I dislike it, but it is not rocking my world. I like the opulence of some of the dresses, but some look like randomly embellished gowns. I really, really wish that I could see the seventh and eighth looks without the jackets.

P.S. The Givenchy presentation is on the official schedule for Tuesday, so will there be another presentation tomorrow? IIRC, in the article about the changes being made by Givenchy, I think that Tisci or one of the reps said presentations plural.

i love it, but there's something lacking and it's not in the lack of a runway setting .... it fails to make me go OMG WOW like most of riccardo's past collections did.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think it's dreadful. It feels like a rehash of past designs and the one gold dress looks like a longer version of what Lara Stone wore at her wedding!

OMG, someone please post close ups...the details are exquisite! I think I'm dying...

Amazing:shock:, 10 really memorable pieces instead ot 30+ mediocre looks.
Well done Ricardo:heart:

:buzz: OMG!!! They're phenomenal!! Such craftsmanship!!!!
If removing the runway presentations means seeing more stuff like this then slit my throat and castrate me because this is sooo worth it!! :woot:

WOW!! This is what I called Haute Couture
Iris and Natasha's dresses are GEORGEOUS! :heart::buzz:

That dress on Natasha. Wow.

It's a very gorgeous collection, the solitary black outfit is actually possibly my favourite, although the work on the gold pieces - I'm looking forward to HQs.

Still, I can't help but lament the lack of a runway show, it would have been nice to see the pieces in movement.

Perfect. just perfect.

I love the fact that Black is no longer the main color of the collection, instead of it so much light so much white.

Everything looks so exquisite. No need to look for more words.
:heart:

With these ten looks, its understandable that he isnt showing them on a runway. He would be eaten alive by the press! There is nothing new or interesting here. Even though it is an exquisiste collection, as someone stated, it looks like a Givenchy rehash.

To be honest, it looks a little boring to me. I love Riccardo but this is nowhere near as visually or mentally stimulating as his past Haute Couture collections.

When I first read that they would be doing an presentation I was like, well, ok, the fashion nerd in me a bit sad.

This is so perfect...and cold. Now that's really sad.

Every dress looks like a world of detailing. The type of creations that only start to make sense when you see them in high resolution, and finally are understood as artisanal masterpieces when you see them in real life.

I don't mind the references Tisci has made here to his debut for the house, especially in the conventional shapes and the use of the lace, I think the fact that he's going back to such simple presentations is inviting to create a sequence as well, and I think it's smart that he's creating a solid sequence and growing through the intricacy of his work instead of trying to escalate in concepts or pieces that are ultimately beautiful to look at but hardly the kind you want to invest on both for the pleasure of wearing it once and then to collect it and keep it for years and possibly descendants, these dresses here have all of that, it's really going back to timelessness and the basic notion of a Haute Couture dress, and there's nothing lazy about that, quietness and loudness can be just as lazy when you forget what your actual job is and don't nurture your skills and find a comfortable spot in spectacle, and I'm glad that, judging from the not so good pictures here, it seems that Tisci still hasn't.

A definite return to form. I was growing rather bored of the theatrics and heavy doses of pure ugliness Tisici had been shelling out these last few seasons. This is exactly why everyone fell in love with his work @ Givenchy nearly 5 years ago. The presentation, the details, the complexity infused ever-so lovingly into these garments.. this is fashion. Straight to the point, no BS. I'm not completely floored by this but it's a fantastic step in a very 'forward' direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->