Givenchy Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

SO gorgeous. love the details and fabrics.

I'm going to wait until larger pictures that actually display the clothes in some fashion are presented because this doesn't look particularly impressive save the ensembles on Malgosia and Daphne. The outfit on Natasha is such a rehash of an old Cavalli number...

But I love Tisci so I'm going to reserve judgment

Riccardo has always made beautiful pieces, but these are even better! :buzz: I mainly love this a lot because Ricardo's work in transparency and fringe is my favorite. The first two looks are definitely my favorites...the corsets are fantastic, along with the dresses, and the jacket in the first look is stunning. :heart: My next favorite look is Mariacarla's. The exposed zippers on the dress and the beautiful jacket are just beautiful. :heart:

I love - or at least like - every look in the presentation besides Malgosia's and Lea's. But I do like the fringe jacket on Lea and I imagine that the pieces on Malgosia would be better if they were split up because they are quite harsh combined. I can't come to terms with a Givenchy jumpsuit, however. :innocent:

I do have to say that I would've loved to see more, but these pieces are beautiful so I'll take what I can get. :heart:

I'd like it if Tisci personally showed Decarnin that this is how you do embellishments correctly. This collection takes my breath away, as usual his attention to detail is stunning and looks like pure luxury, however I personally preffer when Riccardo does more interesting pieces rather than beautiful, for couture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to wait until larger pictures that actually display the clothes in some fashion are presented because this doesn't look particularly impressive save the ensembles on Malgosia and Daphne. The outfit on Natasha is such a rehash of an old Cavalli number...

But I love Tisci so I'm going to reserve judgment
And here I thought I was the only one who noticed.
http://www.style.com/style/view/19/53/100115319.jpg

style.com

The Givenchy one is nicer, but still...

Last edited by a moderator:
What The Hell?

Am I the only person who did not like this one bit? :ninja: Granted H.C is all about the detailing, and there is quite a bit of exquisite detailing going around here, however,each one of these looks is boring as hell,there is nothing in any of these looks that details a good design,not even a moderately good one at that.Everything I see is just a sad copy of designs tried and tested over the decades.The work that I see here could have easily been done by any one of the costume-designers out there because all I see is some tastefully done embellishments,nothing more.There is not even a basic amount of drama to the embellishments either,all of this feels kind of beaten to death,lifeless.

if they do runway rather than presentation, i think it would be better

Love it, focused and intensely beautiful...aside from that stripper/ice skater/Cavalli number

Amazing!!!! so glad he went back to his Spring 2006 mode.... this is couture... the funny thing is im sure.... there are more looks... they just arent for press.

Mullet and WiW,those are exactly my sentiments.

and people were so worried? you really get to see the work...the workmanship....and the kind of poetry riccardo is so great at. i agree,taking away the theatrics really exposes his true genius and gets back to the core reason why we all fell in love with what he does.

i love looks 6 and 9...so beautifully intricate! perhaps the remainder of the looks will be revealed tomorrow at his show?

I'm in love with collection. Riccardo you are a genius, my man.

10 Looks :blink: Is that it. Sorry but give us at least 20 please.

Anyway Look 1 and 2 are gorgeous but I could do without the white stockings with those types of shoes though. Look 8 and 9 are stunning but they are very McQueenish (don't hit me). Look 7 is what Marchesa wishes their feather dresses look like. Overall it's a hit for me.

I'd love to see the inspiration behind this. Like is there anything from the archives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->